Jobs In Accra 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Established in 2002, International Cocoa Initiative (ICI) is a humanitarian foundation that promotes partnership among the chocolate and cocoa industry, cocoa-producing governments, civil society and NGOs to support the elimination of child labour in cocoa-growing communities. Our head office is in Geneva, Switzerland and we have operations in Ghana and Ivory Coast with National Offices in Accra and Abidjan.
ICI has developed a Child Labour Monitoring and Remediation System (CLMRS) that allows industry partners to manage responsibly the risk of child labour in their cocoa supply chain. In line with the Ghana Child Labor Monitoring System (GCLMS), the system is based on the presence of Community Facilitators (CF) within cocoa-growing communities who raise awareness on the issue of child labour; identify cases and implement remediation activities. (www.cocoainitiative.org)
International Cocoa Initiative (ICI) is a multi-stakeholder organisation, uniting the forces of civil society, certifiers, the cocoa and chocolate industry and international institutions, and working with governments to address child and forced labour in the cocoa sector.
As part of the ICI’s objectives to eliminate the worst forms of child labour and forced labour in the cocoa sector and its overall programme to promote children’s rights and child protection in the cocoa supply chain, ICI seeks a Monitoring and Evaluation Manager for the Country Office in Ghana.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager will foster relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders including ICI Child Labour Monitoring and Remediation System (CLMRS) partners; ICI programme and IT team in Ghana, ICI M&E and information system management team in Cote d’Ivoire, ICI programme team in Geneva office, and ICI Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning team in Geneva office.
S/he will work across all ICI country projects on monitoring, evaluation and learning plans, supervision of consultants, data collection, mobile application development, and training of CLMRS project staff. Under the direct supervision of ICI Deputy Country Director/Programme Coordinator and technical supervision of the Head of ICI Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning in Geneva, and working closely with the Regional Coordination of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning in Côte d’Ivoire, the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager, will be responsible for the following:
Support to ICI Programme Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning:
- Support the implementation of ICI’s Learning Agenda in Ghana, through contributing to the development and management of high-quality research related to child labour and forced labour
- Provide technical advice for new programme proposals and support the preparation of project concept notes, proposals, logical frameworks in line with the donor requirements
- Oversee the delivery of M&E support to field programmes and partner organisations, ensuring good practices are adopted
- Support the development of consultancy Terms of Reference, review of proposals and hiring process for consultancy assignments and review reports prepared
- Participate in and actively contribute to programme coordination meetings and planning sessions
- Advise the programme team and partners to ensure M&E plans are in place and followed and that reporting templates are up-to-date effective and appropriate
- Support the establishment of monthly project achievement review meetings to keep programmes staff aware of targets and achievements according to the project key performance indicators (KPI).
- Strengthen links with partner organizations in Ghana through effective coordination, information-sharing and dissemination of results
- Provide technical support where necessary to ICI partners in their CLMRS implementation and ensure effective operation of ICI programmes
Data Management and use
- In collaboration with programme teams, design data collection tools including the use of mobile data collection (e.g. KOBO)
- Collaborate with ICI IT team in Ghana and ICI information management system team in Cote d’Ivoire in the development of surveys and data collection tools, and related database.
- Contribute to reports for partners and donors on project deliverables
- Advise on appropriate data collection technologies, including database design, storage and management
- Ensure the collection, processing and analysis of information collected as part of monitoring, evaluation, research and learning activities
- Analyse both qualitative and quantitative data
CONTINUE READING BELOW
People Management and Capacity Development
- Work in close collaboration with the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning teams in Côte d’Ivoire and Switzerland
- Supervise the M&E officer to deliver on his/her responsibilities
- Provide direction, support and guidance to the M&E officer
- Build capacity in relation to M&E and learning among ICI staff and partners, including providing technical support to develop assessments, validate data, supervise field data collection and analysis
- Contribute to building a collaborative M&E culture in the organisation
- Support recruitment of consultants and enumerators for M&E related tasks, including developing Terms of Reference, reviewing CVs, participating in interview processes and reviewing deliverables
Learning and Reporting
- Lead in learning review sessions with programme team and partners
- Provide information to develop and inform lessons learnt processes
- Ensure evidence and learning emerging from projects is used to inform the way programmes are designed and implemented
- Produce periodic, internal learning briefs documenting key lessons learned from the programme to share with ICI partners and members
- Ensure the programme’s sustainability and scale-up strategies and plans are underpinned by rigorous data analyses and are regularly reviewed in light of emerging programme data
LANGUAGES: Fluency in written and spoken English, and a Ghanaian language preferably Twi. Knowledge of French would be an important plus.
The position is based in the ICI’s Accra office with regular travels to project operational communities with possible travels outside Ghana.
The contract is 3 years contract
Required Skills or Experience
Applicant must have:
- Degree in Development Studies/Social Sciences/Economics/Statistics or its equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in monitoring and evaluation of development projects or related field
CONTINUE READING BELOW
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Applicant must have:
- excellent knowledge and practical experience in conducting quantitative and qualitative data collection, including research design, developing data collection tools, sampling strategies, analysing data and communicating results
- ability to manage large and complex projects with minimal supervision
- skills in programme development and monitoring, report preparation and knowledge documentation
- very strong written and verbal communications skills in English, French is an asset
- ability to initiate action at short notice, produce high-quality results and able to work independently, as well as in teams
- ability to work effectively in multi-cultural teams, including working remotely with colleagues in other countries
- excellent skills in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- high level of analytical capacity and experience using specialist data analysis software (Excel, SPSS, Stata, etc.)
- knowledge of child labour, forced labour, development programmes, humanitarian response, human rights and children’s rights issues
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.