Jobs In Tamale, Northern Region 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
??Reporting: The Information Technology Assistant reports to the HR and Operations Manager.
Introduction and Background
The project’s multi-sectoral approach draws together global nutrition experience to design, implement and evaluate programs that address the root causes of malnutrition. Committed to using a systems approach, USAID Advancing Nutrition strives to sustain positive outcomes by building local capacity, supporting behaviour change, and strengthening the enabling environment to save lives, improve health, build resilience, increase economic productivity and advance development.
From 2020 - 2023, USAID Advancing Nutrition will provide technical support and assessment services to advance the Government of Ghana’s efforts to improve equitable delivery of quality services that promote household resilience and early childhood growth and development.
Technical services provided through USAID Advancing Nutrition will strengthen national and local government planning in Northern Ghana and stimulate the development of multisectoral solutions to the most pressing food security and nutrition problems. The portfolio will encompass activities funded by USAID/Washington as well as the USAID Ghana Mission.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Major Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist management in the implementation of IT policies, procedures and protocols across the program.
- Repair faulty Monitors/Laptops with minor faults to ensure computers work at all times
- Manage Network to enable flow of data transmission and communication.
- Advise on procurement of IT equipment and accessories
- Keep inventory of all IT equipment.
- Maintain and troubleshoot the IT equipment e.g. printers, copiers, phones, cameras and LAN/WAN infrastructures.
- Perform computer operation functions such as end-of day processing, backup, recoveries, and network support.
- Set up, administered and maintained Microsoft Windows and Internet gateways, including liaising with outside agencies and consultants as necessary.
- Provide help desk support to all staff users,
- Install and maintain computer hardware for server and client processors
- Design, implement and use proxy servers.
- Administer shared data connectivity resources for all terminals.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and solve PC and laptop hardware and software faults.
- Install and maintain software including operating systems and applications.
- Provide technical assistance to system users to ensure uninterrupted business operations.
- Support related budgeting, procurement and operational matters.
- Provide support to staff in computer applications, in particular Microsoft Office as needed.
Required Skills or Experience
Education: Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science,Engineering, Business Administration, Management or related areas is required.
Prior Work Experience:
- Minimum of five years of relevant, progressively responsible work experience in IT
- Previous employment in an IT position on a USAID-funded Activity is preferred. Experience working in multiple countries in the region is a plus.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Languages: Proficiency in spoken and written English.
Competencies: The incumbent must successfully demonstrate the following competencies:.
Skills and Abilities:
- A team player who demonstrates patience, flexibility and honesty.
- Must have IT-related experience on a USAID-funded project
- Be willing and able to meet tight deadlines
- A self-starter, who is able to plan and manage his/her own work, takes initiative and strives to meet deadlines.
- Be able to work in a multicultural environment.
- Excellent English language skills, both written and spoken with strong presentation skills.
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.