Jobs In Accra 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The main purpose of the geography-based IT Analyst role is to support the IT Manager within the area of responsibility as a representative for the whole of IT, including the IT Service lines, Global functional Business partnering and Innovation, with the geography business teams.
The key to role is to understand the key interfaces to Global IT Innovation, Service Lines & Service Delivery within scope of responsibility and to work effectively with these teams in the delivery of IT Services to the business.
The IT Analyst must understand the plans for IT in his/her area of responsibility and will participate in the achievement of these plans and effectively communicate these within business teams.
The IT Analyst is responsible for supporting the delivery of key global and L&H services aligned with the operating model.
The IT Analyst will support the activation of Innovation within his/her area of responsibility including delivery of necessary L&H (legacy and heritage) innovation aligned with overall IT Plan.
The IT Analyst will partner with the business in best use of IT.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The main purpose of the IT Analyst is to support the IT Manager in delivery of responsibilities.
Within Area Of Responsibilities The IT Analyst Will
- Engage with business teams within his/her area of responsibility to communicate and scope the IT plan aligned with overall IT plan
- Undertake activation activities for Global IT Innovation & Service Line activation programs as required by IT Manager
- Undertake the relevant project execution activities to support Local Growth Programs working with Service Lines in the delivery of these projects
Legacy and Heritage Services
- Undertake the necessary activities to provide L2/3 support for L&H applications within area of responsibility
- Work with Global Innovation to provide necessary integration activities with L&H applications to support Global innovation programs
- Undertake the necessary project management and application development activities for L&H Innovation projects within scope responsibilities
- Work with local vendors in delivery of application management of L&H Applications
- Assist with communication and resolution of Incidents for L&H applications
- Input to review of L&H services within area of responsibility and help develop action plans for these.
- Undertake necessary activities to ensure achievement of L&H service improvement plans within area of responsibility
Existing Global IT Services
- Support the IT Manager to ensure effective delivery of day to day IT operations, ensuring that IT services delivered are as per business requirements
- Align with Unilever standard operating practise in delivery of IT Services
- Input to review of Global services within area of responsibility and help develop action plans for these and track achievement of action plans within area of responsibility
- Contribute to implementing key actions to address service improvement areas
- Inputs to and helps define Geography demand for Services and communicates these to Service Lines
- Work with Global (Cisco, Vodacom, etc) & Local vendors in delivery of Global services where appropriate
- Manage the delivery of out-of-scope activities and maintenance of out-of-scope infrastructure as appropriate within scope of responsibilities
- Assist with communication and coordination of status of Urgent Incidents within the Geography and understanding impact to support resolution of these incidents
- Escalate unresolved incidents on the basis of criticality to the IT Manager
- In the case of relevant incidents with core processes works together with the functions in order to activate BCP to minimize disruption
- Participate in problem management activities within area of responsibility as required to support Service Line/Operations teams in resolving problems
- Work with business teams to ensure that the benefits of the existing services and new/updated services within area of responsibility are achieved
CONTINUE READING BELOW
IT Cost, Procurement and Controls
- Assist with processing of actual costs as required within area of responsibility and tracks and ensures payment to local vendors
- Assist with input of cost drivers to budget process including assisting in IT hardware and software requirement planning and budgeting
- Supports hardware and software asset management activities as appropriate within area of responsibility
- Supports process for procurement of computer hardware and software consumables as required within scope of responsibilities
Compliance and DRP
- Adhere to governance & compliance framework
- Support Execution of DRP plans as appropriate within area of responsibility
Other Key Responsibilities
- Work with 3P in Geography as appropriate
- Deliver activities to best leverage IT within area of responsibility
- Degree of similar qualification, 3-5 years proven track record in delivery of IT projects in similar industry and similar application landscape.
- Exposure to SAP ERP and major modules including FI, CO, MM, PP, SD, WM, APO, etc.
- Experience/Exposure with Ecommerce ( D2C , B2B)
- Experience/Exposure in a distributive sales environment
- Experience/Exposure of information and analytics systems.
- Experience/Exposure to digital transformation technologies such as RPA, Machine Learning
- Experience/Exposure to Microsoft Power Platform
- Within area of responsibility:
- Business management and operations teams
- ES IT Service Line Teams
- Global IT BP and Innovation teams
- Service Operations teams
- Local Service Providers covering L&H and locally delivered ES services
- Good engagement with business teams on IT delivery within area of responsibility
- Successful delivery of full scope of IT Services within his/her area of responsibility
- Successful delivery of IT Innovation within area of responsibility
- Effective ways of working with ES Service Line and Service Operations Team and support of Service Line plans within area of responsibility
- Successful support of L&H application service within area of responsibility
- Strong compliance record within area of responsibility
- Positive vendor partnerships within area of responsibility
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.