Jobs In Ghana 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Amnesty International (AI) is a worldwide movement of people who campaign for internationally recognized human rights. Amnesty International Ghana is one of the Section offices of AI around the world and it has been contributing to achieving global goals and objectives of AI by taking part in its worldwide campaigns and doing local human rights work.
Amnesty International Ghana is seeking a dynamic and experienced individual for the post of Director to lead and manage the next stage in its organizational life. The post will be based in Accra-Ghana.
The primary focus of this role is (in collaboration with the National Board) to ensure the effectiveness of Amnesty International in the country by expanding the human rights work and impact, growth in membership and activism; enhancing the organization’s public profile and advocacy strategies; building strong relations with the local human rights movement and civil society; undertaking external representation for the organization; consolidating AI’s operations in the country and strengthening the fundraising capacity of AI Ghana.
The role is on a fixed-term three-year contract, which is subject to renewal. A successful probation requirement of six months will apply.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The Director shall be subject to the National Board and shall have the general care and supervision of the business and affairs of AI Ghana. The Director shall, without limiting the other functions and subject to the Statutes and the supervision of the Board, be responsible for:
- All strategic guidance to the National Board;
- Organizing and directing the National Secretariat of AI Ghana, including its human resource management and development;
- Managing the finances of AI Ghana;
- Preparing the strategic and operational plans and budget of AI Ghana for the consideration of the National Board and the International Secretariat (IS) of Amnesty International (AI);
- Approving and coordinating programmes, projects and budgets in consultation with the National Board;
- Implementing decisions and resolutions of the National Board and Annual General Assembly Meetings (AGAMs);
- Maintaining membership, financial and other records of AI Ghana;
- Representing AI Ghana, acting with delegated authority from the National Board Chairman;
- Coordinating with the Regional Office (RO) and International Secretariat (IS) of Amnesty International (AI);
- Acting as spokesperson and media liaison of the Section and;
- Any other function assigned to you by the National Board
Qualification Required & Experience
- Extensive experience of working in human rights field at a senior level, including senior level staff management as well as budget management experience.
- Understanding of national and sub regional human rights and political dynamics and trends and ability to demonstrate innovative solutions to human rights challenges.
- A proven track record of personal leadership, influence and impact, working with teams both locally and remotely;
- Ability to do external representation of the organization to the media, high level government meetings and international meetings
- Ability and experience of developing high quality funding proposals and implementing projects having restricted funding
- Ability to closely work with the locally elected board, reporting to the Chair of the board
- An advanced degree on human rights will be an advantage
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The job will involve extensive in-country and a fair amount of international travel.
Salary & Benefits: Salary & Benefits for this position are attractive and negotiable. Induction to the post is in the country, as well as abroad. You will be part of a lively network of peers and colleagues from around the world.
Location: Accra« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.