Administrative/Secretarial Jobs In Accra : Administrative Manager - International Water Management InstituteAdministrative/Secretarial Jobs In Ghana 2022
Jobs In Accra 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The International Water Management Institute (IWMI), a CGIAR research center has an exciting opportunity for a competent, self-motivated, and dynamic candidate to join as the Administrative Manager.
The position holder is required to provide administrative functions for the IWMI-West Africa Office under the direction of the Country Representative and in consultation with relevant departments at IWMI Head Quarters.
Duties AND Responsibilities:
Human resources functions
- Main point of contact for HQ HR department.
- Manage recruitment/selection, induction/settle-in process (in collaboration with HR) for all new staff, consultants and interns including related logistical support.
- Assist expatriate staff, interns/fellows in securing suitable accommodation and suitable rental contracts.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Manage the IWMI-West Africa office; recommend and implement policies and processes, develop, maintain, and update administrative procedures, develop and maintain proper record/filing system, ensure effective customer interface for visitors,
- Oversee the work of other support staff to ensure that research staff have adequate administrative support.
- Manage the office space supervise the work done by the maintenance staff and oversee the cleaning of the office and its surroundings
- Oversee the IT function and ensure the provision of adequate level of IT support.
- Under the guidance of the Head of Office, manage the overall regional communications within IWMI-West Africa for all general, non-research topics.
- Manage IWMI Ghana email account and update the CR on relevant emails sent to that account.
- Oversee work outsourced by the office and contracts with vendors. (Horticultural Services, Security Services)
- Coordinate workshops, conferences, and meetings in and outside the office, etc.
Implement Host Country Agreement and other Hosting Agreements
- Oversee interactions with Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies on all administrative matters in consultation with the CR
- Oversee submission of annual report and other knowledge materials to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in consultation with the CR
- Oversee the implementation of diplomatic privileges granted by the Government of Ghana through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to IWMI and all IRS
- Oversee the implementation of the responsibilities on IWMI to the Government of Ghana
- Oversee the drafting and renewal of service and hosting agreements with hosted Institutions.
- Point of contact for HR and administrative services to hosted institutions
Health and Safety
- Recommend and implement policies and processes to ensure a healthy and safe working environment.
- Oversee training on health and safety in the work environment including the use of fire extinguishers
- Serve as CGIAR COVID – 19 Focal Point for Ghana
- Act as Health and Safety Focal Point for Ghana
- Implement COVID-19 protocols including assisting staff to prepare field trip risk assessment, review of health evaluation forms for staff and visitors to the office.
Logistics, Procurement, Facility Management
- Oversee the transport unit including the supervision of staff attached to the transport unit.
- Manage the transport requirements – scheduling drivers based on transport requests.
- Ensure the maintenance, servicing and repair of IWMI vehicles.
- Prepare accurate monthly statements from vehicle log sheet and submit same to the accountant after approval.
- Maintain Vehicle Registration File
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Maintain a record of key suppliers
- Oversee the day-to-day delivery of procurement services in collaboration with the Finance Manager
- Handle all IWMI shipment and process tax clearance and VAT exceptions on all imported items for IWMI and hosted organizations.
- Prepare letters for the issuance of Foreign Ministry ID cards and resident permits for IWMI International Staff and International Staff of hosted organizations.
- Process visas for IWMI Staff/Staff of hosted organizations as well as official visitors.
- Responsible for managing the maintenance requirements of the IWMI Ghana office and infrastructure.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A postgraduate university degree in business administration, human resources or equivalent professional status awarded by a relevant professional institute.
- Minimum of 10 years of work experience, including at least 7 years of demonstrated experience in international research for development organization
- Good organizational skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills, particularly when preparing correspondence and briefings.
- Demonstrated familiarity with social media and the ability to use such media to promote inter-office communications and information sharing.
- Prior experience in similar position with international organizations preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent command of English, both written and spoken.
- Conversant in MS office software packages.
- Experience in management or administration in similar International Organization
- Experience with handling protocols under diplomatic arrangement.
- Outstanding service approach and high level of interpersonal, communication and service management skills in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural organization.
- Very good personal organization and priority setting skills.
- Commitment to teamwork and strongly valuing the sharing of information and continuous improvement in a cooperative atmosphere.
- Well-developed administrative skills and good communication skills.
- Demonstrates effective skills in leading and managing people.
- Focus on high quality service.
- Good understanding on the application of relevant administrative policies and procedures.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
This is a nationally recruited position and only candidates who are eligible to work in Ghana will be considered. IWMI offers a competitive salary and benefits package, inclusive of health insurance, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, and long-term disability coverage. The duration of the contract will initially be for a period of three years with the possibility of extension.
Before you look at how to apply for the job, take a look at the recommended career resources and guides we have for you below. It is always good to prepare yourself for your dream job. Carefully read the articles and proceed to apply.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.