Administrative/Secretarial Jobs In Accra : Innovation Hub Coordinator - International Water Management InstituteAdministrative/Secretarial Jobs In Ghana 2022
Jobs In Accra 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The International Water Management Institute (IWMI), a CGIAR Research Center is looking for a competent, self-motivated, and dynamic candidate to join as an Innovation hub coordinator to contribute to One CGIAR’s initiative – Resilient Cities through sustainable urban and peri-urban agri-food systems (Resilient Cities). The Coordinator will be responsible for the design, setting up and continuous operation of an innovation hub for resource recovery and reuse solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess options for resource recovery from waste streams including nutrients, water, energy, animal feed from a technical and economic perspective given specific local context.
- Lead and supervise the design, setting up and continuous operation of innovation hubs for different resource recovery and reuse models.
- Co-design and support implementation of resource recovery and reuse solutions for different settings.
- Work within multidisciplinary research teams to ensure delivery of high-quality outputs, which include designing of resource recovery and reuse solutions and assessing their technical and economic sustainability by collecting and analyzing data from field research.
- Contribute to the initiative work streams, from research design to data collection, analysis, and scientific reporting.
- Contribute to the authorship of key research outputs including, but not limited to, research papers, journal articles, technical or policy briefs and blogs.
- Undertake relevant assignments as requested by the work package lead.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- MSc in Civil Engineer, environmental sciences, water and sanitation (or related)
- Hands-on experiences as resource recovery plant manager (composting, briquette production)
- Experience in capacity building
- Experience in cost-benefit analysis and business planning
- Experience in designing and setting up of innovation hub
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge and experience of water and waste management challenges for urban and peri-urban sectors
- Experience in developing and implementing locally appropriate innovations around resource recovery and reuse of urban and peri-urban waste streams
- Experience in providing technical analysis on resource recovery and reuse solutions including cost-benefit analysis and business planning.
- Experience in providing capacity development in resource recovery and reuse solutions to different stakeholders
- Excellent communications skills and ability to explain complex issues clearly to diverse audiences.
- Experience in transforming research results into knowledge products that have impact and reach, including through communication at major conferences and via other platforms, including social media.
- Knowledge of gender and social inclusion issues relating to circular economy solutions.
- Understanding of institutional governance and social issues as they impact the implementation of resource recovery and reuse models.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
This is a nationally recruited position and only candidates who are eligible to work in Ghana will be considered. IWMI offers a competitive salary and benefits package, inclusive of health insurance, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, and long-term disability coverage. The duration of the contract will initially be for a period of two-years with the possibility of extension.
Before you look at how to apply for the job, take a look at the recommended career resources and guides we have for you below. It is always good to prepare yourself for your dream job. Carefully read the articles and proceed to apply.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.