Jobs In Ghana 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
St. Joseph’s College of Education was established in 1948. It was elevated to the status of a College of Education by an Act of Parliament in 2012 (Act 847). The College Governing Council invites applications from interested and qualified person:
The College Academic Board, in consultation with the Ghana Tertiary Education Commission (GTEC), invites application from interested and qualified persons for the position of Finance Officer of the College.
The Functions of the Finance Officer shall include the following:
- Implementation of policies relating to accounting and financial control in the college
- Corporate planning with respect to budgeting and budgetary control and long-term or strategic planning with regard to all the finances of the college
- Liaise with Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) in respect of financial matters affecting the college
- Excise oversight responsibility for the accounting functions of other self-accounting and income-generating units of the college
- Be responsible for the preparation and consolidation of final accounts and commenting on management reports for external auditors and
- Be responsible for ensuring, on behalf of council, that proper records are kept of all college property, assets, stocks and valuables of all funds in a register.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Qualification Required & Experience
- Applicant must hold a Master’s Degree in Finance/Accounting or related area and must be a Chartered Accountant.
- He/She should be a member of a recognised professional accountancy body
- The person must have served as a Deputy Finance Officer in a college of Education or comparable grade in a similar institution/organisation for at least 4 years
Applicants must also show evidence of the following:
- Be analytical, critical, results-oriented, innovative and visionary
- Be a good team player
- Be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Possess excellent communication, interpersonal and supervisory skills and
- Possess strong IT skills and familiarity with accounting software
Tenure of Office
The appointment, which is full time, shall be 4 years in the first instance and may be renewed for a further term of 4 years only after an outstanding performance on the job
Incentives: Very attractive
Location: Ahafa Region
Before you look at how to apply for the job, take a look at the recommended career resources and guides we have for you below. It is always good to prepare yourself for your dream job. Carefully read the articles and proceed to apply.
How To Apply
Interested applicants must submit eight (8) copies of their application packages, including curriculum vitae (CV), a two-page Vision Statement for the College, Certificates and any other relevant document to the address below:
Search Committee For Finance Officer
St. Joseph’s College of Education
P. O. Box 15,
Ahafo Region – Ghana
Applicants must request two (2) referees to submit reports on them directly to the above address or to the following email address:
Closing Date: 23 August, 2022
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.