Jobs In Accra 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The job holder is a coordinator of activities within the bond trustee services, with the responsibility for delivering high quality service to bondholders, issuers and market intermediaries supporting bondholders within issuances the bank supports as Bond Trustee (BT).
The activities include contracts and reports management, Regulator engagement and reporting, obligation monitoring, review and oversight of processing of due obligation payments, coordination of communication to bondholders and stakeholders, management of requests and complaints, and processing of daily risk and controls checks.
The Bond Trustee services cover both government and corporate issuers, including Non-Banking Financial Institutions (NBFIs), Banks, Corporates, Ministries, Municipalities and Departments (MMD) of government, with expect best-in-class service and operational standards.
The role requires the jobholder to coordinate activities between the business functions of Operations, Sales, Implementation & Client Management and Product Management as well as a variety of internal support functions such as Risk, Compliance, Legal and Finance. The job holder is expected to implement and comply with global and regional initiatives and to engage with other Securities Services (SS) branches and regional SS stakeholders in a strongly collaborative manner.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
There is extensive interaction with senior securities market individuals and infrastructures such as stock exchanges, securities depositories, and regulators.
In summary, the jobholder:
- has administrative responsibility, coordinating all relevant parties and activities in the provision of the Bond Trustee service
- develop good relationships with both internal and external stakeholder for smoother executions
- ensures a collaborative, co-ordinated approach to issues requiring multi-disciplinary input.
- The main go to person for the business internal engagements outside of management.
- Engage with key providers within each issuance for better coordination and execution.
- Implementation of regional/global SS policies and overseen by senior stakeholders to get it done
- Help develop Bond Trustee Services in Ghana, in conformity with the broader global and regional strategy for securities services
- Continuously find ways of bettering the processes and activities within the Bond Trustee Service
- Support identify opportunities and threats to the business as a result of changes in the local market, including changes to market regulations and competitor activity
- Support the growth of the local P&L for Bond Trustee services business in Ghana.
- Assists cultivate a collaborative, co-ordinated approach between Bond Trustee function, internal support and control functions and local senior management, especially within CCIB (including FI Coverage).
- Help in building and maintaining strong, robust relationships between SCB internal stakeholders and external stakeholders, including agents within the issuance, senior management of issuers, market infrastructure providers, investors and intermediaries involved with each tranche of issuance.
- Be first escalation point within the SS Bond Trustee business at the local level for bondholder issues and queries.
- Reference the processes for which the role is responsible under the ORF (Operational Risk Framework) as 1st & 2nd line; for executing/completing, and for supervising
CONTINUE READING BELOW
People and Talent
The business function(s) to which the jobholder reports must have equal weighting, dual reporting lines to their functional managers. The job holder receives active input for performance management from the matrixed leads and – given the dual-line structure – will need to influence actions/behaviours in a sophisticated and subtle manner.
- Demonstrate through example in building appropriate culture and values. Engage the appropriate tone and expectations from team leads and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Engage through deeds and words a culture of openness and collaboration, especially within the functions providing securities services
- Ensure the participation in ongoing training and developments.
- Complete objective and balanced input to P3 process for matrix reporting lines where applicable.
- Employ, engage and retain high quality people, with succession planning for critical roles.
- Contribute to the identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling, and mitigating risks within the Bond Trustee business. Also, an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the Bond Trustee business and assist in managing them
- Ensure an understanding of risk management issues
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Bond Trustee governance, controls in the business and, if necessary, proposing changes in these areas
- Understanding of the regulatory framework in which SS operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Responsible for delivering ‘effective governance’; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
Regulatory & Business conduct
(This is mandatory standard wording, please tailor wording in brackets, do not remove).
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Support the Ghana, Financial Markets, Financing and Securities Services Team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- SEC prescribed responsibilities and Rationale for allocation].
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Board of Directors and act in accordance with Articles of Association
- The job holder will take an engaging role in managing the relationship with the securities regulator, as regards the activities of the Bond Trustee business, by assisting to ensure there is a good rapport between SCB and the relationship manager with the regulator. Similarly, the job holder will manage relationships with market infrastructure entities such as the Stock Exchange, Central Depository, Brokers, Custodians and Fund Managers.
- The Jobholder will also have an instrumental role in ensuring positive and effective coordination with internal business and support functions such as FI Coverage, Risk Mgt, Compliance, Legal, Finance, as well as the in-country senior management team.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Embed Here for good and Group’s brand and values in work activities
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- Multiple functions (double hats); [List all responsibilities associated with the management of more than one role] This will depend on the individual jobholder in every country
Our Ideal Candidate
- The jobholder will normally be educated to degree level with significant experience – normally a minimum of 5 years – in securities services or a closely related industry. Recognised industry qualifications would be an advantage
Before you look at how to apply for the job, take a look at the recommended career resources and guides we have for you below. It is always good to prepare yourself for your dream job. Carefully read the articles and proceed to apply.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.