Jobs In Tamale, Northern Region 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Plan International in partnership with Instiglio and the Jacobs Foundation will implement the Education Outcome Fund Programme (EOF) under the Ghana Accountability and Learning Outcomes Programme (GALOP). The programme aims to improve the quality of education in low-performing basic education schools and strengthen education sector equity and accountability in Ghana. The Programme will run for a period of 4 years and will be implemented across 3 regions in Ghana (North East, Savana and Bono East) and 11 districts. The Project will support a total of 240 communities/schools.
The Team Lead will be responsible for overall management and coordination for the Team Up team in the mobilisation and delivery of the project’s results, the management of key lead staff, ensuring a strong working relationship between the lead Investor, ensuring appropriate performance management and ongoing management to deliver the programme, with support from the Project Manager. The Team Lead is the key focal point for MOE.
The Team Lead is expected to provide technical leadership, administrative oversight, and overall coordination of the activity, to manage staff, to ensure EOF meets stated goals and reporting requirements, and to ensure the quality, timeliness, and efficiency of all products and activities generated under GALOP.
S/he is also expected to work closely with the Education Specialists and represent the organization in external meetings and workshops related to the project.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The position involves:
- Ability to take decisions such as the type and appropriate capacity building needed for different groups and also filters information to share at a different level. The post holder will demonstrate the ability to problem-solving, thinking strategically while introducing new initiatives or strategy, and in communication and facilitation to meet the demands of a dynamic and sometimes hectic operating environment
- Ability to manage/work with different streams (Education, Finance, Community Engagement and M&E) and meet frequently tight deadlines. Capacity to analyse data with relevant project staff and ensure project delivery is achieved in a timely manner
- Ability to support the project staff in defining influencing issues to ensure high quality and impact of interventions. This will encompass strengthening accountability, planning, management, adherence to policies and procedures, and promoting a culture for delivery of results, both short and long-term
- Ability to develop & present the project in front of different kinds of audience in or off site
- Use wide range of sources of data and information to make the right decision
- Make decision at speed appropriate to the issue
- Responding to queries and requirements of external audiences, stockholders, partners, advisory committee, line manager and technical advisors within strict timelines
- Understanding of the community issues and interest to build and plan solutions
- Demonstrate skill’s in articulating and documenting program communication, progress and review
- Ability to manage stress and interest to develop systems to improve quality of the program
- Ability to deliver more than the market expects: We believe that more is possible than the current system is achieving, and we need to demonstrate this in practice. This requires tenacity and relentless optimism.
- Ability to think differently: We will not succeed by copying existing models or structures. The role will require to think through each problem from first principles and find the most effective and efficient new solution in each case. This requires logic, analytical rigour, and a willingness to question assumptions. It also requires the desire to work in a dynamic environment, along with the ability to be solutions-focused and work in a small team.
- Ability to build and maintain trust: Everything we do must be open to scrutiny and full transparency. This requires excellent interpersonal skills and absolute integrity.
Qualification Required & Experience
- University degree in Education, Development studies, Gender Studies, Development Economics or similar related or relevant fields, although other degrees will be considered in light of candidate’s experience.
- Master’s degree in Education or Development Studies
- Minimum of 8 years field experience with NGOs in developing countries
- 6+ years of experience depicting proven and increasing capability in mobilising complex projects with multiple stakeholders in the education sector
- Experience and in-depth knowledge in the field of education
- Experience in education development projects and familiarity with the girls’ education sector in Ghana
- Previous experience of budget management within donor-funded project
- Experience working in Ghana, especially in rural areas
Key skills & Competencies
- Strong project management skills and experience managing donor-funded projects
- Highly functional knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other ICT skills required
- People management skills and experience in line managing teams of 7+ staff
- Skills and experience in external stakeholder engagement including donors, government and private sector and experiences with coordination of multi-stakeholder forums
- Skills in report writing and monitoring and evaluation
- Excellent leadership and strategic development skills
- Excellent senior stakeholder skills and inter-personal skills
- Excellent programme management skills
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Self-starter and team player with high standards
- Ability to multi-task and work under some level of pressure
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment and with multi- and interdisciplinary teams
- Experience with database / CRM system management
- Excellent leadership skills with increasing levels of responsibility in the education sector in Ghana
- Experience leading the delivery of teacher training and continuous professional development for teachers
- Previous experience promoting inclusion and student-centred approaches in schools
Before you look at how to apply for the job, take a look at the recommended career resources and guides we have for you below. It is always good to prepare yourself for your dream job. Carefully read the articles and proceed to apply.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.