Jobs In Accra 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
This is the top position in the secretariat and the candidate will oversee the entire operations of the African Evaluation Association (AfrEA) including the management of staff at the Secretariat. You will be a candidate who is passionate about evaluation in Africa with a strong flavor for building capacities across VOPES.
You will provide technical leadership, oversight, and strategic direction for monitoring and evaluation (M&E) issues in Africa and accordingly, advice and guide the Board on various policy and strategic directions to take. You are good in project framework formulations for resource mobilization purposes, documenting and disseminating (social marketing) project successes with good interpersonal skills to interact with a broad array of stakeholders nationally, regionally, and internationally.
Summary of Specific Duties
- Ensure that AfrEA’s organizational structure, operational policies and other business processes are sound and effectively able to deliver on the strategic objectives that are defined by the Board of AfrEA.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Lead the organization and the management oversight of AfrEA’s day-to-day activities, conferences and events, exercise authority over personnel and human resource matters and also strengthen performance management by tracking key performance indicators.
- Maintain an updated and interactive membership database system of AfrEA’s membership and also Increase the levels of member participation in Association programs and activities.
- Effectively manage operational and financial matters in order to deliver the mandate of AfrEA, including seeking additional authority from the Board of Directors of AfrEA as and when necessary to address risks that arise proactively and effectively.
- Oversees the management and implementation of the AfrEA’s annual financial budgets and all AfrEA’s contracts in accordance with its procurement guidelines and practices.
- In close collaboration with the Board’s Executive Committee ensure that effective and efficient fiduciary controls are in place to monitor the use of AfrEA’s resources.
- Build and maintain effective alliances and operational collaborations with public and private partners, national associations, networks, United Nations’ and African Union Agencies, bilateral donors and other non-governmental organizations.
- Oversee, advance and develop new funding streams for AfrEA by ensuring a broadening of its donor base as well as responding to reporting requirements with its funding partners.
- Report to the Board of Directors of AfrEA on the operational, administrative and financial standing of AfrEA at each Board or Executive Committee meeting by presenting annual financial budgets for the Board of Directors of AfrEA for approval that link operational work plans routinely throughout the fiscal year, multi-year resource projections for the transparent management of AfrEA’s resources.
- Communicate the decisions and resolutions of the Board of Directors to AfrEA’s members, staff and other relevant stakeholders.
Required Skills or Experience
The Employee should have the following profile:
- Holding at least a Master’s degree in monitoring and evaluation, economics, social studies, management, development, or similar field, or equivalent experience;
- Proven 5 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation, the management of Non- Governmental Organization (NGO) and having experience project management;
- Experience in fundraising including writing funding proposals;
- Capability to work under pressure and within budget limits;
- At a minimum, you must be bilingual. Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and French. If you can speak Portuguese or Arabic, it will be even more advantageous;
- Demonstrated leadership skills in leading and empowering staff and good interaction with the governing board to play strong roles to achieve organizational goals;
- Demonstrated team-building skills, including facilitation of groups, meetings and processes among stakeholders with diverse viewpoints;
- Excellent social media communication skills;
- Enthusiastic, can-do attitude with excellent attention to detail and effective follow-through;
- Experience in working with a Board and staff to develop and successfully implement a mission-driven strategic plan and annual operating plans which are monitored for progress according to plan;
- Be a national of an African country/African by origin. A Ghanaian would be most preferable.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Before you look at how to apply for the job, take a look at the recommended career resources and guides we have for you below. It is always good to prepare yourself for your dream job. Carefully read the articles and proceed to apply.
How To Apply
AfrEA invites interested applicants to submit the following:
- Cover letter including salary expectations [Maximum 2 pages]
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) with details on the previous jobs [Maximum 6 pages]
- Copy of Educational Certificates
- Proof of the previous post of responsibility
- Two references of the recent Employers
The submissions must be received no later than 29th July 2022 by 5:00 PM (Time GMT) Kindly contact the AfrEA at [email protected] for any additional clarification.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.