Jobs In Accra 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
BRAC is an award-winning international non-governmental development organisation, with the vision of a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination, where everyone has the opportunity to realise their potential. BRAC is a leader in developing and implementing cost-effective, evidence-based programmes to assist poor and disadvantaged communities in low-income countries, including in conflict-prone and post-disaster settings.
It is an organisation of and for the people of the Global South, pioneering new development and social enterprise approaches to equip communities to achieve prosperity. As well as being the world’s biggest NGO by number of staff and people directly reached, BRAC has regularly been ranked the number one NGO in the world by the Geneva-based NGO Advisor, an independent organisation committed to highlighting innovation, impact and governance in the non-profit sector. BRAC retained the top spot in 2020 among the top 500 NGOs for the fifth consecutive year.
BRAC was founded in Bangladesh in 1972 by Sir Fazle Hasan Abed. It started its first programme outside of Bangladesh in Afghanistan in 2002, and has since reached millions of people in 11 countries in Asia and Africa. BRAC has a holistic approach to development that uses a wide array of programmes and social enterprises, including in microfinance, education, health, agriculture, gender and human rights.
BRAC believes that every person has inherent potential, and when an enabling environment is created and that potential is unleashed, even the poorest can become agents of positive change in their own lives, for their families and their communities.
BRAC International is seeking applications from competent, dynamic and self-motivated individuals to fill the following position: Head of Internal Audit, BRAC International Holdings B.V., Ghana
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The position is responsible for ensuring internal audit function is closely aligned with insitution’s strategies, objectives, risks and industry best practices. Ensuring roles, responsibilities and results are efficiently coordinated and collectively optimising the effectiveness of internal control, risk management and governance of the organisation by providing risk-based objective assurance, advice and insights.
- Develop risk-based Annual Internal Audit plan for BRAC Ghana for Board approval.
- Ensure risk-based audit based on the assessed risks and system-based audit based on control weaknesses in BRAC Ghana.
- Develop assurance report on Internal Control Effectiveness, Executive Summary Reports on Internal Audit Reports and Physical Verification of Inventory, Fixed Assets & Cash Management for Senior Management and relevant board committees’
- Plan and conduct audits to assess controls, operational and technical efficiencies and compliance with selected policies, procedures and regulations.
- Continuous revision of existing reporting systems, reporting timelines and reporting formats to ensure effective communication of internal audit observations to management of BRAC Ghana.
- Review different respective institutional policies to make a judgement on a wide range of controls including those relating to achieving value for money and the prevention and detection of fraud and irregularities.
- Assist the CEO and Board of Directors in objectively assessing the adequacy of governance systems and management of existing risks, comment on responses to emerging risks and propose new developments.
- Prepare quarterly audit reports to the Board Audit committee.
- Perform routine audits of all institutional processes and procedures to ensure full compliance.
- Ensure Information Systems Audit (IS) in compliance with ISACA/ISO standards.
- Ensure gender parity in staff recruitment and maintain staff turnover at an acceptable level to retain competent staff members.
- Analyzing existing controls and recommending controls in specific organisation systems, to provide assurance of operational and technical efficiency at the organisation level.
- Ensure self-compliance audit through Internal Control Questionnaire (ICQ) in branches, areas, regions and districts. Also, audit compliance of ICQ through regular and surprise audits.
- Review the working files of Internal Auditors and suggest for development with the current practices of Standards.
- Supervise and review the Information Systems (IS) Audit to ensure IS audits are done in light of IS audit and assurance standards by ISACA.
- Identify instances of over and under control and provide management with a clear articulation of residual risks where existing controls are inadequate.
- Keep abreast of legislative issues, new audit regulations/trends and appropriate audit direction/methodology.
- Establish a safeguarding culture across all levels of the programme by implementing the safeguarding policy. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Responsible to ensure team members are appropriately trained, supported and have access to resources regarding issues that are identified and actioned in accordance with the safeguarding policy and procedure.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting or relevant subjects.
- Professional Accountant (Chartered Accountant or Certified Internal Auditor and Certified Information Systems Auditor is preferred) having experience in working in a reputed chartered accountancy firm.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Strong understanding of IIA standards, income tax, value added tax
- bility to design financial and internal control systems along with providing compliance and risk management services.
- Capacity to in establish budgeting and financial management systems and designing of ERP
- Well versed with financial control, Internal audit, Risk management, Business process evaluation, Budgeting, IT control, etc.
- Communication and interpersonal skills, excellent presentation skills and goal oriented, etc.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and people management skills,
- Eight years’ experience in Internal Audit along with Finance, Assurance, Compliance, Risk Management Services and Information Systems Audit.
- At least five years in the same role (Head of Audit).
Employment Type: Regular
Job Location: Accra, Ghana
Before you look at how to apply for the job, take a look at the recommended career resources and guides we have for you below. It is always good to prepare yourself for your dream job. Carefully read the articles and proceed to apply.
How To Apply
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
External candidates need to email their CV with a letter of interest mentioning educational grades, years of experience, current and expected salary at [email protected]
Internal candidates need to apply with their latest CV including all job assignments in detail with BRAC PIN and email to [email protected]
Please mention the name of the position and AD# BI 82/22 in the subject bar.
Only complete applications will be accepted and short listed candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline: 24 July 2022
BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation – regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. Therefore, our recruitment policy and procedure include extensive background checks and disclosure of criminal records in order to ensure safeguarding to the fullest extent.
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.