Jobs In Accra 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic candidate to lead AI Policy at the Tony Blair Institute for a 12-month maternity cover contract.
Our Technology and Public Policy programme exists to help policymakers master the implications of the technology revolution and deliver progressive policy and strategy for the 21st century.
The post holder will play a central role in our work to develop politically actionable policy and strategy, and to use this to influence the global policy debate. They will report to the Director of the Internet Policy Unit and work closely with other members of the Unit and the wider policy community at the Institute.
- Establish distinctive, evidence-based policy positions on the role of AI, machine learning and advanced computing to accelerate prosperity and improve peoples’ lives around the world
- Deliver a range of policy products that shape the global policy debate, in particular focusing on Africa
- Promote our policy work with clear, effective and innovative communication
- Convene key players in policymaking and the tech sector to help drive real-world change
- Work directly with Institute colleagues who are directly advising governments in countries across Africa
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The post holder will:
- Be responsible for scoping and structuring programmes of work
- Be responsible for developing and delivering a range of policy products
- Build productive relationships with their stakeholders in tech and policy
- Speak about their work at public events and in the media
- Line manage senior policy analysts and/ or policy analysts if required
The following criteria must be met:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, or equivalent practical experience
- 6+ years experience in public policy, consulting or relevant profession
- Proven ability to structure and solve complex policy problems
- A clear and confident communicator, both written and spoken
- Experience working in a developing country on tech policy/projects
- A strong network in the tech sector or policy communities in Africa
- Practical experience using Machine Learning or data science to solve complex problems
The successful candidate will be based in one of our regional hubs in Ghana for the majority of their time, but will be required to travel to the head of the office in London every 3 months. Other international travel may also be required.
Before you look at how to apply for the job, take a look at the recommended career resources and guides we have for you below. It is always good to prepare yourself for your dream job. Carefully read the articles and proceed to apply.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.