Jobs In Accra 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
We are looking for a dedicated and ambitious Environment & Social Advisor to be working on challenging and rewarding projects within development finance in our Nairobi office. Our investment areas are Renewable Energy, Green Infrastructure, Financial Institutions, Scalable Enterprises and Funds, and as an E&S Advisor, you will work across sectors. The E&S Advisor will play a key role in managing Environmental and Social risks in Norfund’s regional portfolio and will be reporting to the Regional Director.
Based on your excellent knowledge in the sustainability field, you will be part of project teams assessing and analysing project opportunities, doing due diligence, clarifying sustainability requirements and expectations of investments and following up the environmental and social performance of our investee companies.
You will also act as an adviser to our project companies, helping them manage social and environmental risk and add value. You will participate in a wide range of development finance projects where your role as an E&S Adviser is to operationalise Norfund’s sustainability ambitions and strengthen Norfund’s sustainability profile.
The successful candidate is senior sustainability professional with relevant experience and qualifications from either sustainability consulting, development finance, the private sector, or the investment industry.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Responsibilities and tasks
- Work in teams and support project managers on investments in the Scalable Enterprises, Renewable Energy and Green Infrastructure sectors
- Assess environmental, social, and human rights risks and impacts of direct and indirect investments against applicable local standards and the IFC Performance Standards on Environmental and Social Sustainability in the due diligence and investment phases
- Monitor clients’ performance against relevant E&S requirements as agreed during evaluation, and defined in the investment agreement and identify opportunities where E&S interventions reduce risk and add value
- Monitor the social impact and local community relations of our investments
- Support clients in developing their E&S management systems, and contribute through knowledge transfer and training
- Cooperate closely with co-investors and other European Development Finance Institutions (EDFI) in the field of E&S risks and impact management
- Work with colleagues and clients to increase their capacity, confidence, and ability to contribute to address sustainability challenges
- Represent Norfund in external meetings, industry events and fora on environmental and social risk management
Specific qualifications for this position
- Master’s degree in Environmental, Social or Economic Science or equivalent background
- Minimum 7-10 years of professional experience in environmental and social assessments, e.g., Environment, Health Safety (EHS) audits, and environmental and social impact assessments for private companies or investors.
- Experience in the environmental and social impacts of energy, infrastructure or industry including with land-related issues and community relations, is a strong advantage
- Good understanding of international standards, particularly the IFC Performance Standards and EHS Guidelines, ILO standards, Human Rights instruments, and knowledge of local legislation
- Results-oriented and with a structured, proactive, and efficient work style
- Excellent communication skills (spoken and written) in English. Fluency in French is an advantage.
- Flexible and willing to travel extensively
- Strong interpersonal skills and motivation to achieve results through collaborative and constructive engagement with portfolio companies
CONTINUE READING BELOW
We can offer
- Contribution to economic growth and reduction of poverty in developing countries through commercial investments and the creation of sustainable enterprises
- A highly competent and international working environment
- A unique opportunity to play a key role in small and focused project teams in a flat management structure We know that diversity contributes to better results and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
We know that diversity contributes to better results and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
We wish to build a local team with regional knowledge and will employ on local Ghanaian terms and conditions.
The position is based in Accra. Travelling is required.
Before you look at how to apply for the job, take a look at the recommended career resources and guides we have for you below. It is always good to prepare yourself for your dream job. Carefully read the articles and proceed to apply.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.