Consulting Jobs In Tamale, Northern Region : Local Economic Governance Specialist - JE Austin Associates IncConsulting Jobs In Ghana 2022
Jobs In Tamale, Northern Region 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
JOB TITLE: Local Economic Governance Specialist
LOCATION: Tamale, Ghana
PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE: August 2022 – August 2026
LEVEL OF EFFORT: full-time
REPORTS TO: Policy Advisor
The USAID-funded Ghana Market Systems and Resilience Activity (MSR) is a five-year, $35.9M follow-on project to USAID/Ghana ADVANCE II. MSR will leverage over a decade of experience linking smallholders to markets, inputs, and services in Ghana.
The project will strengthen commercial relationships between market actors, improve the rural entrepreneurship ecosystem to enable greater market participation, particularly for women and youth, expand the availability of agribusiness services, and link targeted policy initiatives to improved local economic governance. These activities will result in competitive, stronger, and more resilient markets, thus increasing inclusive agriculture-led economic growth in northern Ghana.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Project objectives are to:
a) increase commercialization and profitability of agriculture markets,
b) increase institutional capacity of market actors,
c) improve market access and quality of business services and
d) improve the enabling environment for local market actors.
The Local Economic Governance Specialist shall be responsible for coordinating and facilitating implementation of the policy and regulatory reforms activities of the MSR Activity, with the aim of improving the enabling environment for local market actors.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND TASKS
- Work closely with stakeholders in the ZOI and target MSR value chains to identify policy and institutional constraints to growth and identify strategies and activities to address those constraints
- Assist in analyzing and developing project activities to address regulatory reform constraints in the ZOI
- Assist in identifying and analyzing major policy constraints regarding competitiveness in target MSR value chains
- Analyze needs for research and policy papers to provide evidence for advocacy, public-private dialogue, and policy making, and work with local researchers to develop such evidence
- Assist in developing and supporting evidence-based advocacy initiatives for policy reform with market actors in the ZOI
- Engage with local governance institutions, market actors, and civil society to develop and advocate for policies that improve function of markets with respect to risk reduction and management, business performance, and opportunities for market growth and continuity
- Facilitate the establishment of collaborative and evidence-based policy dialogue platforms to engage public and private actors in the ZOI
- Promote information dissemination flows, systems, and tools from the government to private sector local actors
- Plan, organize, and facilitate dialogue among the government, the private sector and civil society to identify policy priorities, refine policy language and assume responsibility for actions that will achieve intended policy outcomes
- Work with project colleagues to develop communications plans and strategies to promote food safety and other key issues
- Collaborate with MoFA, FDA and GSA, to engage media service providers to create messaging content and a plan for dissemination across radio, social media and community platforms to create awareness on food safety and other key issues and advocate behavior change among actors.
- Develop the capacity of local governance institutions to strengthen them to increase the compliance and enforcement of policy regulations for formal and informal markets
- Facilitate capacity building of local regulatory institutions to fulfil their mandate to provide training to the private sector in enforcing SPS and food safety standards
- Facilitate advocacy capacity building of associations and other private sector representatives in the ZOI
- Coordinating collection of data and inputs to prepare project reports for USAID
- Assist in developing policy-specific communications tools for stakeholders and beneficiary engagement
- Contribute to project work plans and reports
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Required Skills or Experience
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree and at least 5 years of experience in agricultural sector development; or, Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and 8 years of experience
- Demonstrated experience in governance, policy development and reform process with preference for work on USG-funded activities
- Demonstrated ability to assess policy environment and identify gaps in laws, regulations, and their implementation
- Demonstrated ability to provide policy advisory services to government agencies especially local authorities seeking to reform, refine and/or develop a more clearly defined policy direction
- Familiarity with, and ability to apply and adapt methods to engage the government, private sector and civil society in policy reforms, advocacy, public-private dialogue, and monitoring implementation of reforms
- Experience in facilitating improvements in management and other aspects of capacity development in public and/or private sector organizations
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse stakeholders
- Experience organizing and facilitating dialogue on policy reform and other issues
- Ability to work well in a team and with minimum supervision
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills with fluency in English required
- Ghanaian Citizen
Before you look at how to apply for the job, take a look at the recommended career resources and guides we have for you below. It is always good to prepare yourself for your dream job. Carefully read the articles and proceed to apply.
How To Apply
To be considered for this position, please send an email to
with the subject line “Application – Title of position”. In your email, please include:
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae (maximum 04 pages), including the name and email addresses of three referees who worked either as your professional or academic supervisors and are knowledgeable about your skills and professional abilities
Only qualified applicants with relevant skills and experience will be contacted.
The deadline for application is July 22, 2022.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.