Jobs In Accra 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
This role is responsible for managing an efficient and standardized financial operation and planning department that defines standards as well as driving and steering the strategic planning, objective and target setting for Scancom Plc. and Mobile Money Ltd by supporting the executive committee with strategic decision-making processes to ensure appropriate accounting, resource allocation, financial forecasting, planning, and reporting. (IFRS)
- Provide technical leadership and advice in the formulation and development of finance operations’ framework, policies/guidelines and ensure compliance of operations with MTN Group policies and procedures.
- Oversee the end-to-end activities of the Financial Operations for Scancom Plc and Mobile Money Limited including accounts payable, accounts receivable, General ledgers, financial processing, reporting, Fixed assets, and record-keeping.
- Lead the supervision of all functions within the company on budgetary control and ensure accurate expense reporting.
- Ensure compliance to local regulations and laws within Financial Operations departments’ scope of responsibilities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery methods and procedures.
- Lead and collaborate with other business units in the development of business models for use and develop measurement strategies to support ongoing strategy development and project optimization.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Responsibility for initiating and monitoring processes to minimise revenue losses in the company.
- Drive increase in Shareholder return by ensuring that Finance Processes are aligned to achieving all elements on the business score card. (E.g., Grow Market Share Grow ICT & Data Revenue, Increase EBITDA margins, and Net Subscriber Additions).
- Responsible for ensuring that the business is fully compliant to the country’s tax regulations and requirements
- Champion Finance Processes reengineering (process and business optimisation etc), to drive efficiency gains.
- Ensure MTN Ghana’s financial operations alignment to MTN Group accounting standards corporate and framework.
- Provide insights to the business on cost leadership initiatives.
- Monitor and proactively advise on financial controls and ensure full adherence to control in conjunction with the risk and compliance function.
Evolution to a technology business and business models
- Multiregulated ecosystem
- Platform business
- Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) Focus
- Fiscal and high governance ecosystem
- Localization focus
- Group best practices & standards alignment
- International Financial reporting Standards (IFRS)
Strategic Planning & Thinking
- Offers unique insights based on a deep understanding of political, social, business, market, and finance trends; uses the insights to lead and influence change at strategic, tactical, team and individual levels across the organization
- Identifies and focuses on future critical areas for the organization and devise strategy to maximize opportunity and minimize risk
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills while considering the big picture and impact on results.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of the holistic framework that component parts of a system can be understood in the context of relationships with others within the University rather than in isolation.
- Uses techniques of advanced business and organizational analysis to identify and assess problem definitions and potential solutions, and compares them against predetermined criteria
- Can create & interprets frameworks for reviewing large volumes of unorganized data
Decision Making based on Decision Modelling
- Provides clear leadership across the organization regarding problem solving and strategic decision making and builds effective alliances to ensure timely action is taken
- Consistently provides innovative solutions to increasingly complex business needs and consult appropriately with colleagues on major business decisions.
- Develop expertise in 2 or more decision modelling techniques to solve complex problems
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Drives the development of an effective analytics strategy across the organization.
- Provides clear leadership across the organization and demonstrates the power of analytics to drive effective problem solving and strategic decision-making.
- Works with Leadership to drive the development of an effective insights’ strategy across the organization
Qualification Required & Experience
- Tertiary Finance, Accounting or Business qualification
- Chartered Accountant certification from a recognized professional accounting association e.g., CA, ACCA, a must.
- 10 years Senior Manager and or 5 years Csuite experience
- Experience working in a global/multinational organization/Listed company experience
- Multi-cultural work exposure
- Telecoms & ICT
- International Finance
- MTN Group policy and practice
- Financial Management
- Financial Planning and Budgeting &Reporting
- Business Analysis
- Business financial operations Management
- Business Process Improvement and business consulting
- General Administration &Logistics Management
- Inventory & assets Management
- Tender Assessment
- Vendor Management
- Stakeholder & contract Management
- Financial Acumen
- Strategic Acumen
- Service Level Agreement Management
- Legislation and Compliance
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Skills / physical competencies:
- Manages self and team performance, good conflict management, takes and manages accountability
Before you look at how to apply for the job, take a look at the recommended career resources and guides we have for you below. It is always good to prepare yourself for your dream job. Carefully read the articles and proceed to apply.
How To Apply
Qualified applicants should indicate vacancy number MTN-F&S-ADTRACK GMFO001) as the email subject and CVs saved in their names. Application without the subject will automatically be disqualified.
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae to:
Closing Date: 13 July 2022
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.