Jobs In Accra 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Under the supervision of the Information Programs Office, manages all unclassified pouch and diplomatic mail operations at the mailroom, supervising and rating seven (7) Mail Clerks who support all mailroom functions. Serves as primary local liaison with airport authorities, and mail handling contractors.
Sorts and distributes mail processes incoming diplomatic pouches and prepares diplomatic pouches for dispatch. Responsible for transportation, safeguarding, receipt and delivery of all incoming and outgoing DPO mail and unclassified diplomatic pouches. Maintains all required paperwork.
Ensures all security standards are met for proper storage and handling of DPO accountable mail, DPM registered, certified and pouch material. Provides guidance to all offices authorized to use DPO and pouch services. Tracks and is accountable for all funds issued to the mailroom. Ensures all BPA contracts are kept up-to-date and tracks and updates the mailroom Franking machines required for official postage.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of two (2) years in external or internal customer service where tasks included, problem-solving and mail handling or other related clerical experience, plus one (1) year of supervisory or team lead experience is required.
Successful completion of secondary school.
LANGUAGE: Level IV (fluent) English language is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must show the ability to supervise and manage staff effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills including the ability to calmly handle customer complaints up to the Executive level.
- Strong computer skills including typing skills and accurate data entry into web applications, with knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, if required.
- Must be able to lift 70 pounds and safely move up to 250 pounds with assistance from coworkers or use of mechanical devices
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Language and Skills and Abilities may be tested.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Before you look at how to apply for the job, take a look at the recommended career resources and guides we have for you below. It is always good to prepare yourself for your dream job. Carefully read the articles and proceed to apply.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.