Jobs In Accra 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Wikimedia Foundation is looking for product software engineers to join the Growth team, reporting to product engineering management. As a product software engineer, you will be responsible for software engineering for our product user experiences. In this role, you will work in a mostly-remote environment, where we value teamwork and a consensus-oriented approach. You get to write open source code for collaborative experiences supporting over a half a billion pages accessed per day, and you get to do it at a place that believes we're all more successful when everyone has a good work-life balance.
On the Growth team, we work to help new people start editing Wikipedia by introducing new editing workflows that are a fit for more people on more devices all around the world. We build a cohesive experience for newcomers, helping them find a place in our communities, connect with others, and start contributing their knowledge. Our main projects have focused on machine-learning driven task recommendations and volunteer mentorship.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
You are responsible for:
- Improving the Wikipedia new contributor experience by building new functionality primarily in the GrowthExperiments extension and fixing bugs for code that our team maintains
- Collaborating with product managers, designers, and other teams on shared projects
- Building on top of existing APIs in our ecosystem and writing new ones when needed, working with other engineers to reduce technical debt
- Instrumenting components to monitor user behavior and performance characteristics
Skills and experience:
- 5+ years related professional experience in frontend and backend programming
- Experience building user-friendly features and software components using well-documented and readable code
- Focused software engineering: you enjoy writing unit and integration tests, proactively addressing security and code review feedback, and thoughtfully balancing architectural trade-offs
Qualities that are important to us:
- A desire to make meaningful contributions to knowledge equity, free culture, and open access
- An emphasis on communicating clearly in both synchronous and asynchronous channels
- Interest in mentoring, or teaching and sharing technical knowledge
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Additionally, we'd love it if you have this:
- Experience working with internationally distributed teams or organizations
- Familiarity with Wikipedia / wikitext / markdown editing or content management systems (e.g., MediaWiki, Drupal, WordPress)
- Experience working with projects or communities in languages other than English
- Experience working with large, legacy codebases
- Bachelor's in a relevant field or equivalent experience
Before you look at how to apply for the job, take a look at the recommended career resources and guides we have for you below. It is always good to prepare yourself for your dream job. Carefully read the articles and proceed to apply.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.