Jobs In Bibiani,Western Region 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Chirano is located in southwestern Ghana, approximately 100 kilometres southwest of Kumasi, Ghana’s second-largest city. The mine is within the Bibiani gold belt and consists of 11 deposits. Open-pit and underground ore are processed at the Chirano plant. The capacity of the mill is approximately 3.5 million tonnes per annum. Processing involves crushing, ball mill grinding, leaching, and CIL.
Lead the execution of the long-term strategy for technical services, ensuring alignment with the organization’s overall strategy. Formulate intermediate and short-term tactical plans to drive the execution of the strategic objectives and to maximize operational efficiencies and profitability. Develop the technical services team to increase team capability, and improve customer delivery and stakeholder and employee satisfaction.
- Develop practical designs, plans and solutions incorporating all technical aspects to ensure a safe, efficient and productive mining environment.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Coordinate the mine’s annual budget and quarterly forecasting processes and ensure results are delivered to stakeholder’s expectations.
- Identify business risks and opportunities, develop short and long-term business and improvement outcomes
- Oversee annual Mineral Resources and Reserves Statement reporting process and submissions.
- Peer-review the works of technical functions, and assess technical soundness, economic viability, fatal flaws, risks and opportunities.
- Conduct due diligence and evaluate the feasibility of mining new deposits, deposit extensions, changes in mining method and mine life extension strategies for the different ore deposits.
- Provide detailed oversight and risk assessment to annual strategic business plan preparation.
- Provide effective leadership and technical support and guidance in the areas of Geotechnical Ventilation, Mine Planning, Survey and Geology.
- Set performance targets and measures, monitor, and manages the overall performance of the function and direct reports.
- Monitor key performance indicators, adapt and develop them as needed to achieve objectives
- Ensure the quality control of ore mined and processed for budgetary purposes, particularly in terms of content and recovery of the resource.
- Develop and maintain mine plans, operating sequences and associated budgets
- Develop and implement best business practices and policies that align with the organization’s overall strategy.
- Ensure operations adherence to Mine Planning QA/QC process and carry out regular compliance to plan audits.
- Develop a highly functioning planning review process to ensure planning process performance is understood and improvements implemented. In conjunction with Operations, identify risks to plan obtainment and determine improvements required.
Education and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications Degree in a Mining or Geological Engineering discipline (preferably Masters level qualification).
- 10 to 15-years of progressive “hands on” technical and operational experience with a solid understanding of open pit and underground mine technical services.
- In-depth knowledge of underground mining systems and application, open Pit mining operations, planning & scheduling, geotechnical and related technical fields.
- Knowledge and expertise in 3D modelling software, associated methods and techniques for mine planning, mine design, engineering and geology functions.
- Mineral processing, and metallurgical knowledge would be a plus.
- Good operating knowledge and interpretation skills of numerical modelling tools such as DIPS, UNWEDGE, MAP3D and PHASE2
- Ability to use Whittle or similar pit optimization software at an advanced stage and/or significant experience in ore body modelling and resource modelling.
- Holder of Mine Rescue and valid First Aid Certificates is preferred.
- Must have good analytical and planning skills to establish and anticipate all technical challenges as they arise.
- Very competent in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Must possess excellent leadership, people management and interpersonal skills.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Kinross is a Canadian-based gold mining company with mines and projects in Canada, the United States, Brazil, Chile, Russia, Ghana and Mauritania, employing approximately 9,300 people worldwide. Our core purpose is to lead the world in generating value through responsible mining.
Before you look at how to apply for the job, take a look at the recommended career resources and guides we have for you below. It is always good to prepare yourself for your dream job. Carefully read the articles and proceed to apply.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.