Research/Analysis Jobs In Tamale, Northern Region : Junior Research Assistant, Small Livestock - International Potato CenterResearch/Analysis Jobs In Ghana 2022
Jobs In Tamale, Northern Region 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking to recruit a dynamic and experienced Junior Research Assistant to set up and backstop Small Livestock Rearing Clubs, predominately with women. The two livestock species under consideration are cavies (Cavia porcellus L.) and guinea fowl. Cavy rearing will be piloted in the first year, and if successfully adopted as the key livestock component.
The selected candidate will also be responsible for researching and identifying local feedstuffs appropriate for use.
- This position will be hosted by the International Water Management Institute in Ghana, on behalf of the International Potato Center.
- The selected candidate will be based in Tamale, Ghana and will report to the Project and Marketing Manager, Country Liaison.
- Learn all aspects of cavy and guinea fowl rearing with the perspective of teaching others
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Conduct a pilot cavy rearing effort with selected households, that includes detailed data collection on each component of the rearing process and writing a comprehensive report.
- Set up, train, and backstop members of Small Livestock Rearing Clubs
- Collaborate with local Ministry of Food and Agriculture Technicians working on small livestock
- Identify local feed sources for small livestock
- Collaborate with team members and market agents to develop demand for small livestock products and evaluate the acceptability of cavy consumption by consumers
- Work with team members to develop a comprehensive communication and advocacy strategy for nutritious foods, especially small livestock
- Monitor the performance of small livestock clubs, utilizing digital and other tools adopted by the project
- Writing of progress reports on a timely basis
- Writing monthly stories from the field
Qualification Required & Experience
- BSc degree in animal science, animal feed or health, or closely related field
- Minimum one (1) year of relevant work experience.
- Experience rearing small livestock species
- Training of field personnel
- Strong communication and writing skills in English
- Knowledge of essential business skills.
- Previous work with private sector enterprises.
- Experience with video technology
- Experience utilizing social media
- Experience in promotion activities
- Knowledge of French is a plus.
- Knowledge of local languages such as Dagbani, Konkomba, Mamprusi, and Gonja.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Before you look at how to apply for the job, take a look at the recommended career resources and guides we have for you below. It is always good to prepare yourself for your dream job. Carefully read the articles and proceed to apply.
How To Apply
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Closing Date: 12th July 2022
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.