NGO Jobs In Accra : Data Management & Analysis Specialist, USAID West Africa PELA II - Panagora GroupNGO Jobs In Ghana 2022
Jobs In Accra 2022
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
As a prime contractor under USAID’s EVAL-ME II Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract, Panagora Group seeks an experienced Data Management and Analysis Specialist for the anticipated USAID-funded Peace through Evaluation, Learning and Adaptation II (PELA II) Activity.
This activity is designed to enhance USAID’s effectiveness in preventing and countering violent extremism, peacebuilding, and strengthening democracy, human rights, and good governance by strengthening the Mission’s implementation of programs; coordination of its activities; learning from its experiences; and serving as an information, communication, and thought leader regarding peace promotion and countering violent extremism in the West Africa region.
Panagora Group is a small business providing novel and integrated solutions in global health and international development. Our goal is to provide innovative solutions that build national capacity and promote sustainability through robust local participation and capacity building, utilizing highly integrated and private sector solutions. Throughout our work, we embrace a virtuous circle of knowledge stewardship, collaborative learning, and the application of evidence to heighten and accelerate positive health and development outcomes.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The Data Management and Analysis Specialist provide technical expertise in the conceptualization, design, running, and interpretation of analytics, the creation of innovative visualization products that improve the utilization of all available data to monitor program performance, effectively communicate successes and challenges and ultimately transform all available data and visualizations into information for continuous, data-driven programmatic action.
They will also mine large and complex datasets and provide expertise on data infrastructure, data schemas, tools, processes, guidelines, and data products.
This is a long-term position based in Accra, Ghana.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Design and conduct advanced and complex analytics, summarize and present findings and recommendations, and train and mentor stakeholders in data analytics and use
- Conduct a preliminary review of datasets for integrity as necessary and transforming data sets
- Rapidly conceptualize and respond to data requests from a variety of stakeholders, design, define, and develop metrics, run and interpret analytics, draw causal inferences, and generate recommendations
- Support in the design and development of data visualization products to support users to understand results and use information to make programmatic decisions
- Support with the capacitation of stakeholders in the use of the data visualization products
- Support in efforts to improve data collection, management, analysis and sharing that demonstrates project outputs, outcome, and impacts
- Support with the development of guidelines and best practices related to data science and analytics
- Conduct capacity development and training for key stakeholders
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Bachelor’s degree in data analytics, statistics, or equivalent field
- Minimum 4 years of experience in data analysis in the international development sector
- Demonstrated experience leading data management, storage, use, and analysis activities; proven ability to manage large data sets and systems
- Demonstrated qualitative and quantitative analytic and visualization skills, and the presentation of complex data
- Experience in data analysis and reporting in the context of countering violent extremism and promoting peace and stability strongly desired
- Advanced skills in using common quantitative and/or qualitative data analysis software such as SPSS, Stata, ATLAS-ti, and NVivo
- Working knowledge of data visualization and GIS software, such as ESRI ArcGIS, R, D3, Quantum GIS, Tableau, and Adobe Creative Cloud preferred
- Demonstrated experience applying USAID and reporting requirements
- Strong mathematics and critical thinking skills are necessary
- Experience with USAID/West Africa regional mission is preferred
- Local nationals and those with extensive work experience in West Africa, including Niger, Chad, Cameroon, and Burkina Faso are strongly encouraged to apply
- Strong oral and written proficiency in English and in French
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.