Jobs In Accra 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
At Orica, it’s the power of our people that leads change and shapes our futures. Every day, all around the world, our people help mobilise vital resources essential to progress. Established in 1874, we have grown to become the world leader in mining and civil blasting with a diverse team of more than 13,000 across the world.
It’s an exciting time to join us – we are shaping the future of mining through digital and automated technologies, embracing new ways of thinking, pioneering innovation and reimagining the way we work.
About The Role
We are currently on the lookout for talented Engineer Projects to work in our Ghana Operations Excellence team. This role will be site based at our Ghana head office in Accra and involve regular travel to our Northern and West African site locations.
The role is only available to candidates who have Ghanaian Citizenship and will operate predominately on a Monday – Friday residential roster.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The primary purpose of this critical Engineering role will be to provide engineering support in capital projects and Orica’s existing plant and assets on multiple sites across the region.
The successful candidate will interface with a diverse group of customer and Orica stakeholders from Operators to Engineers to Management, providing project management and technical support.
In return for your professional commitment, we can offer a healthy salary, genuine career pathways and support into leadership or engineering specialisation.
What you will be doing
- Develops Engineering standards defining duties, operating parameters, protection requirements, installation practices etc. for various applications.
- Drives regulatory and statutory compliance of assets delivered by the project team
- Provides regional engineering and capex support
- Ensures all designs produced to comply with all relevant statutory and corporate standards and are documented through Orica's internal systems.
- Ensures work is appropriately defined such that design output and processes meet customer expectations.
- Shares technical and business knowledge throughout the global engineering group.
- Manages relationships with internal business units and external service providers.
What you will bring
- Tertiary qualification in Mechanical Engineering;
- Minimum 7 years experience post qualification;
- Experience leading a team, including building a collaborative approach;
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with a range of stakeholders;
- Strong strategic and commercial acumen supported by sound commercial judgement;
- Ability to plan, influence & execute;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to present strategic logic and recommended pathways, coupled with the ability to present to key stakeholders.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
What we offer
As part of a truly global company, you will have the ability to grow and learn in a diverse, collaborative culture. We foster relationships and learning through connected global and local teams, promote flexible and diverse career paths and support the development of your knowledge and skills.
You will be paid a competitive salary, learn from talented individuals across multiple disciplines and be able to thrive in a safe workplace within a collaborative culture. Ignite your career at a place where your distinct potential can find its home.
We respect and value all
Orica promotes and fosters a culture of inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment everywhere we operate. We treat our people and applicants with fairness, dignity, and respect, getting the best of everyone’s contributions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, nationality, age, military or veteran, marital or disability status.
Before you look at how to apply for the job, take a look at the recommended career resources and guides we have for you below. It is always good to prepare yourself for your dream job. Carefully read the articles and proceed to apply.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.