Jobs In Accra 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Fairtrade Africa (FTA) is the umbrella network organization representing Fairtrade-certified producers and workers in Africa and the Middle East. It has four (4) regional networks – Eastern & Central Africa; Southern Africa; West Africa; and the Middle East & North Africa.
Established in 2005, FTA is a member of Fairtrade International and currently represents over one million farmers and workers in over 500 producer organizations spread across 33 countries in Africa by providing services to them that contribute to the improvement of their livelihoods.
WE ARE HIRING: Finance and Administration Officer
CONTINUE READING BELOW
ABOUT THE JOB
To assist in the execution of FTA’s financial policy manual and HR & Administration, systems, policies and procedure, supporting key functions, including the timely and accurate processing of financial, accounting, HR and administration data.
LOCATION: Accra, Ghana
- Post holder reports to: Regional Operation Manager
- Staff reporting to this post: YES
BUDGET RESPONSIBILITY: Yes
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare and maintain cash controls, reconciliation of bank statements, process invoices and maintain purchase order systems in accordance with the FTA financial policies.
- Develop procedures and oversee controls in issuing procurement contracts and processing of all payments and cheques.
- Ensure local tax laws and regulations are adhered to, by withholding, remitting and paying all taxes due and in due time
- Ensure transactions are recorded and entered into the computerized accounting system in an accurate, timely and transparent manner
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and yearly financial statements
- Prepare for and assist with the regional annual audits
- Maintain the office petty cash and staff imprest systems
- Assist with the preparation and consolidation of the regional budgets
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Administration and Logistics Support
- Maintain an up-to-date office asset register and coordinate office equipment maintenance and repairs to ensure equipment are in good working conditions
- Ensuring timely payment of utility bills (water, electricity, internet,)
- Arrange all travels (national, regional and international), transfers and accommodation bookings for the HoR and members of the Board, and staff and assist during their stay.
- In liaison with the programming, team organize and arrange producer visits for the HoR and other visitors.
- Support the region with procurement of goods and services (Air Ticket, Hotels, Visibility materials etc)
- Ensure availability of meeting rooms, external venues, equipment, materials and catering arrangements for regional board and partner meetings as required
Human Resources Support
- Support the HR & Administration Manager in field recruitment exercises by organizing interviews, interview folders, and sending out regret letters
- Liaise with the HR and Administration Manager and the Head of Region to ensure timely renewal processes for contracts.
- Coordinate the on-boarding of incoming local staff and prepare their induction programmes
- Monitor, track and update the leave database in coordination with line managers.
- Update and ensure staff medical, all other insurances records are up to date.
- Create and maintain employee files, ensure that all records are up to-date.
Required Skills or Experience
- A degree in Business Administration
- Certified accountancy qualification
Experience and Knowledge
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar position developing and monitoring budgets
- Knowledge of the local taxation laws and general accounting convention
- Knowledge of accounting software
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Excellent numeracy skills and attention to detail
- MS Office applications especially Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Strong financial management and accounting skills
- Data entry and records maintenance skills
- Book keeping and accounting skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good MS Office skills particularly MS Excel
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work with different accounting packages
- Good customer services skill
Before you look at how to apply for the job, take a look at the recommended career resources and guides we have for you below. It is always good to prepare yourself for your dream job. Carefully read the articles and proceed to apply.
How To Apply
An application form (CVs will not be accepted) can be found on the jobs and volunteering page of our website https://fairtradeafrica.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Fairtrade-Africa_Application_Form.doc.
If you have any queries, please e-mail [email protected]
or call +254 202721771 or +254 704180169 and ask to speak to a member of the HR team.
Qualified applicants will be subjected to background checks as a pre-condition of employment. Completed applications should be saved in the applicant’s name and the position (FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION OFFICER) and be e-mailed to
All applicants should state how they meet the essential requirements of the post and include their email address, telephone contacts and three referees with contact details on the application form.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.