Jobs In Accra 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Gulf of Guinea Maritime Institute (GoGMI) is a non-profit think - tank organization incorporated in Accra, Ghana. The Institute provides a unique platform for maritime strategic thinkers, practitioners and allies to interact, share ideas and research into strategic maritime affairs affecting the Gulf of Guinea (GoG) Region.
The Institute’s core business is strategic maritime research, advocacy and capacity building in the areas of maritime safety, security and environment in the Ghanaian and the GoG maritime space at large. GoGMI, through its intricate network of experts, develops and implements a myriad of tailored programmes to address pertinent maritime concerns within the GoG region.
Content generated from the Institute’s research and stakeholder network of experts is often disseminated through a variety of channels, including periodic publications, social media, physical and virtual conferences and programmes. GoGMI plays an active role in promoting safe and secure waters in the GoG region and also engaging diverse stakeholder groups, particularly youth in Ghana’s blue economy trajectory.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Reports To: Executive director
- Develop and implement organizational business development and fundraising strategy and process
- Maintain and provide donor intelligence and identify new funding opportunities for the Institute
- Develop successful proposals and budgets
- Lead in seeking grants income, collaboration opportunities and building consortiums for new grant-funded projects;
- Manage effective and comprehensive tracking, monitoring and reporting framework for grants;
- Represent the organization's business development interests at relevant meetings, events, and within resource mobilization or donor-specific peer networks.
- Strengthen internal new business development capacity
- Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline combined with substantive work;
- Minimum of 3-year working experience in similar roles with an NGO or similar organization;
- Experience in securing and managing funds from key institutional donors
- Deep experience in developing projects and programs proposal
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Master's Degree in Business related field
- Knowledge of maritime-related activities
- Proven relationship-building skills and ability to work collaboratively and effectively with a wide variety of people and organizations.
- Established leadership skills and the ability to lead, co-ordinate and work with multiple teams and partners, including field-based staff
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Solid analytical skills and ability to filter and distil critical information.
- Proficiency with financial data, including budgeting, with close attention to detail.
- Practical organizational skills with the ability to manage a fluctuating workload, prioritize and re-prioritize when necessary and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to effectively communicate with and coordinate activities of Excellent technical skills in writing, editing, formatting, research, negotiation, and verbal communications, with attention to details
- Creative thinker and motivator, energetic, with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Able to learn quickly
- Advanced computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Zoom, etc).
Terms of Employment: 6 Months initial contract with the opportunity for permanent employment based on performance.
Before you look at how to apply for the job, take a look at the recommended career resources and guides we have for you below. It is always good to prepare yourself for your dream job. Carefully read the articles and proceed to apply.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.