Jobs In Accra 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The IT Hardware Technician’s role at the Lincoln Community School is to support and maintain in-house technology equipment and IT assets. This includes installing, con?guring, diagnosing, repairing, and upgrading all school hardware and equipment while ensuring its optimal performance.
The person will also troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user training and assistance where required.
Strategy & Planning
- Writetechnicalspeci?cations for purchase of school technology equipment, networking hardware, and related products.
- Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future hardware and school technology needs.
- Aid in the development of business continuity and disaster recovery plans, maintain current knowledge of plan executables and respond to crises in accordance with business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Conduct research on, and make recommendations for, hardware products in support of procurement and development e?orts.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Liaise with, and provide training and support to, end users and sta? on equipment operation and other issues.
- Install, con?gure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user and network hardware, peripheral devices, printing/scanning devices, presentation equipment, and other products.
- Where required, install, con?gure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot associated end-user software and networking software products.
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex hardware problems for a variety of end-users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including on-site repair as needed.
- Develop and maintain an inventory of all monitors, keyboards, hard drives, modems, printers, scanners, and other peripheral equipment.
- Develop and maintain an inventory of all routers, switches, server boxes, cabling, and other networking equipment.
- Document instances of hardware failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of hardware and equipment contracts and supervise contract-based installations.
- If necessary, liaise with third-party support and equipment vendors.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform hardware and peripheral equipment improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
- Responsible for repairing all electronic equipment of the school E.g. Laptops, iPads, BenQ Interactive Boards, Projectors, UPS, TVs, VCRs, printers etc.
- Maintaining, servicing and repairing CCTV Cameras
- Projector installation, servicing and repairs
- Assist with network cabling work and installation (data and voice)
- Support AV setup as necessary
- SupportVideo Coverage as necessary
- Imaging of computers and backing up user pro?le
- Mounting of Switching and Server Racks
- Supporting the maintenance and servicing of Servers and Server room equipment
- Organizing and maintaining storage area for computers and accessories repair items
Education & Certi?cation
- University degree in the ?eld of Computer Science
- Certi?cationsin CompTIA A+, Network+, Apple Certi?ed Macintosh Technician (ACMT)
Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum of 4 years experience in a similar position.
- Excellent technical knowledge of networking, and hardware, including Apple hardware, Intel and AMD based Computers, Printers, Projectors and IP CCTV.
- Comprehensive hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Extensive equipment support experience with Apple Macintosh and Windows base equipment.
- Ability to install network hardware components, cables and working technical knowledge of current network protocols, operating systems, software, and standards, including TCP/IP.
- Ability to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
- Ability to install, maintain and support the use of classroom equipment including projectors, Apple TVs, BenQ Interactive Board, Speakers, and document cameras.
- Ability to Install, con?gure, and repair IP CCTV systems and associated Access Control Systems
- Evaluate signal quality and performance with computers, networks and software when the surveillance systems are in operation.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- E?ective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Understanding of the school’s goals and objectives.
- Self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and ?ngers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, hand and power tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Lifting and transporting of heavy to moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals and printers.
- That each employee makes a signi?cant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited to the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is designed to outline primary duties, quali?cations, and job scope, but not limit the employee or LCS to only the work identi?ed. It is the expectation of the School that each employee will o?er his /her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our organization.
Before you look at how to apply for the job, take a look at the recommended career resources and guides we have for you below. It is always good to prepare yourself for your dream job. Carefully read the articles and proceed to apply.
How To Apply
Qualified candidates should send a C.V. and cover letter to:
Mrs. Louisa Mensah-Baah,
Director of Human Resources
Lincoln Community School
PMB CT 354
Cantonments, Accra, Ghana.
Email for Administrative and other Vacancies: [email protected]
Phone: +233 30 221 8100
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.