Jobs In Accra 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
At Lincoln Community School (LCS), we believe the more we do together, the more we achieve. The teaching assistants work together with, and under the direction of, the teachers to plan, teach, and assess student learning in a collaborative and respectful environment. Within this environment, all voices and expertise are valued in order to enhance students’ academic and social/emotional learning.
Teaching assistants are assigned to the grade level team or studio classes; they are not assigned to individual teachers. Teaching assistants are an integral part of the collaborative team continually working toward the goals of the Professional Learning Community (PLC).
Direct Support for Teaching and Learning
- Prepare to collaborate in planning and teaching for the whole group, small group, and one-on-one learning experiences with the guidance of the lead teachers on the team
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Actively participate in all assigned lessons
- Collaboratively collect and disaggregate assessment data to effectively plan future learning
- Communicate and provide academic and/or social-emotional feedback to students through the use of reinforcing, reminding, and redirecting language
- Understand and implement an inquiry approach to teaching and learning
- Show a genuine interest and love for working with children
- Develop relationships and build trust with all students to establish a safe and welcoming learning environment
- Use the school’s practices of the restorative approach to managing behaviour challenges
- Communicate and consult with the team about any situations that may require further action
- Maintain confidentiality with respect to the individual student and their family
- Supervise students in and out of the classroom per the assigned schedule
- Working hours are M-F 7.30-4.30 pm with an hour for lunch and/or coffee breaks (time decided by the team)
- When a teacher is absent, theTA steps into the teacher role and a substitute covers the TA
- Participate and play an active role in grade level, ES, and full faculty meetings
- Lead and/or participate in at least one after-school activity per school year
- Participate and seek out professional learning opportunities
- Check and respond to emails, accept calendar invites, read the weekly and daily memo updates
- Timely notification to your supervisor, director of HR, and your team if you are to be absent for any reason
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- That each employee makes a significant contribution to our success
- That contribution should not be limited to the assigned responsibilities
- Therefore, this position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications, and job scope, but not limit the employee or LCS to only the work identified. It is the expectation of the School that each employee will offer his /her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our organization.
Before you look at how to apply for the job, take a look at the recommended career resources and guides we have for you below. It is always good to prepare yourself for your dream job. Carefully read the articles and proceed to apply.
How To Apply
Qualified candidates should send a C.V. and cover letter to:
Mrs. Louisa Mensah-Baah,
Director of Human Resources
Lincoln Community School
PMB CT 354
Cantonments, Accra, Ghana.
Email for Teacher Vacancies: [email protected]
Phone: +233 30 221 8100
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.