Jobs In Accra 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Position Title: Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst
Unit: Institutional Business Intelligence Unit
Reports To: Director, Institutional Research & Planning Office
Reporting to the Director, the mandate of the Business Intelligence Unit is to lead a team to oversee the identification of the reporting and analytic requirements of various units of the University. He will lead in the development and deployment of business intelligence and analytic solutions that will aid University units in making operational, tactical and strategic data-driven decisions.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Collaborate with the Institutional Data Engineer to plan data pipelines, dimensional modelling, and decide on required data specifications that meet business intelligence and analytics requirements.
- Transform data into insights that can assist university managers and executives to make data-driven operational, tactical, and strategic decisions to modernise, drive business value, identify areas of revenue loss and improve processes in the organisation through use of data analytics, and data visualisation and data modelling techniques and technologies.
- Conduct requirements gathering to gather university requirements for business intelligence and analytics via data collection methods such as interviews, workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow story boards, use cases and scenarios.
- Develop and conduct reviews of the business intelligence and analytics requirements to ensure that requirements specifications are correctly interpreted.
- Analyse and verify business intelligence requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards.
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to determine the objectives, scope, parameters of requirements to define, outcome, metrics, and relevant KPIs for business intelligence reports.
- Research and review the effectiveness and efficiency of existing requirements-gathering processes and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes.
- Develop a framework for the development of BI reporting for various units.
- Translate conceptual user requirements into functional business intelligence and analytics requirements.
- Design, develop and deploy business intelligence reports and dashboards using BI reporting tools, such as Power BI and Tableau.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head, Institutional Research and Planning Office.
Qualification Required & Experience
- Candidate must possess a relevant Bachelor’s & Masters Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Studies, Statistics, or related field.
- A minimum of six (6) years of experience in higher education management.
- Proven experience with databases and programming for data analysis.
- Demonstrated project management skills, including planning, organising, and managing resources.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline environment, with expert problem solving and analytical skills and a collaborative mind-set.
- A very good understanding of the organisation’s goals and objectives.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and strong organisational and interpersonal skills.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Able to exercise independent judgement and take action
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks while under pressure
- Strong customer service orientation and communication skills
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- A good understanding of data profiling
- A very good understanding of database management systems
- An excellent understanding of dimensional modelling
- A very good understanding of the ETL process
- Data modelling
- Data mining
- Data Analysis
- Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, and data visualisation
- SQL, Python and Dax
- Business intelligence
- Microsoft Excel
Before you look at how to apply for the job, take a look at the recommended career resources and guides we have for you below. It is always good to prepare yourself for your dream job. Carefully read the articles and proceed to apply.
How To Apply
An applicant is required to submit the complete application dossier to
The University of Ghana,
P. O. Box LG 25,
Legon, Accra, Ghana (Hardcopy)
[email protected] (Soft Copy).
The application pack should contain the following: · Completed application form for Senior Administrative and Professional Staff Application: (UAB Form 1B) to be downloaded from the University’s website www.ug.edu.gh/hrodd
- a cover letter expressing interest,
- a detailed curriculum vitae
- copies of relevant academic and/or professional certificates.
Closing Date: 30 June 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.