Jobs In Accra 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Position Title: Institutional Assessment Officer
Unit: IRPO Institutional Assessment Unit
Reports To: Director, Institutional Research & Planning Office
Reporting to the Director, the mandate assigned to the Institutional Assessment Officer is to head the Institutional Assessment Unit and lead a team to contribute to assessment and evaluation projects which support effective planning and strategic management at the University of Ghana.
- Work with academic programmes, in a variety of delivery formats, to develop assessment plans, implementation, and assessment tools, including rubrics, assessment, exit interviews, etc.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Undertake assessment processes for academic programmes to improve student learning.
- Work closely with non-instructional programmes to develop, maintain and conduct effective outcomes assessment activities.
- Assist faculty with the design of outcomes-based instructional materials.
- Provide feedback, guidance and writing assistance as needed, on assessment plans and reports.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive database of academic programme reviews, annual assessment reports, and other accreditation-related materials.
- Develop programme quality improvement measures with relevant groups and implement them across all units.
- Provide institutional data and findings from research and assessment to support institutional planning processes.
- Undertake the implementation of outcomes-based programmatic and student learning assessments across all degree programmes.
- Monitor, evaluate and assess the programme and institutional effectiveness.
- Provide institutional data and assessment findings for external reporting.
- Promote and sustain a participative and transformative assessment culture.
- Monitor the implementation of the University Strategic Plan.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head of Institutional Research and Planning.
Qualification Required & Experience
- Candidate must possess a relevant Bachelor’s & Masters Degree or equivalent professional qualification in a relevant discipline with experience in institutional research and research methods.
- A minimum of six (6) years of experience in higher education management.
- Previous experience or training in assessment and evaluation methods.
- Broad knowledge of assessment and programme evaluation processes.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Demonstrated effectiveness in developing and implementing assessment methods, strategic planning, student learning assessment, academic development, and curriculum review.
- Experience in outcomes assessment in higher education.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, strong organisational and interpersonal skills and skills in use of database and statistical analysis software.
Before you look at how to apply for the job, take a look at the recommended career resources and guides we have for you below. It is always good to prepare yourself for your dream job. Carefully read the articles and proceed to apply.
How To Apply
An applicant is required to submit the complete application dossier to
The University of Ghana,
P. O. Box LG 25,
Legon, Accra, Ghana (Hardcopy)
[email protected] (Soft Copy).
The application pack should contain the following: · Completed application form for Senior Administrative and Professional Staff Application: (UAB Form 1B) to be downloaded from the University’s website www.ug.edu.gh/hrodd
- • a cover letter expressing interest,
- • a detailed curriculum vitae
- • copies of relevant academic and/or professional certificates.
Closing Date: 30 June 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants are responsible for ensuring that their full application packs are received by this date, including two letters of reference that should be clearly marked and sent directly to the Registrar, through [email protected]
For further information contact: [email protected] or call: 0242-168984
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.