Jobs In Accra 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Street Child is a rapidly developing international children’s charity with exceptional programming in 20 of the world’s lowest-income and most crisis-affected countries. Our high-impact projects chase gains in education and protection outcomes for the most marginalised children - through signature integrated education, child protection and livelihoods initiatives.
- Contract: Full Time, 3.5 years
- Salary: $50,000 - $60,000 per annum - depending on experience (and benefits)
- Principal Location: Accra, with regular travel within Ghana
Street Child is seeking an outstanding and experienced education specialist to lead the essential education components of the flagship Ghana TransformED Partnership, an innovative payment-by-results programme and partnership with the Education Outcomes Fund and the Ministry of Education in Ghana.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
This programme has the ambitious aim of assuring access to education and accelerating learning levels for thousands of children, to transform the educational landscape in Ghana.
Key duties include:
Collaboration and Coherence:
- Ensure accelerated learning and school improvement programmes are informed by expertise and experience from previous programmes and reflect recent research and evidence on teaching and learning including on age-appropriate and adaptive practices, and inclusive practices;
- Engage with stakeholders to coordinate and collaborate on accelerated learning and school improvement programmes and ensure coherence of Comprehensive Basic Education [CBE] in Ghana.
- Engage with stakeholders to prepare and present evidence on the progress of programmes.
- Provide significant support for achievement and attainment for out-of-school children in urban communities;
- Design and deliver a foundational learning intervention for children aged 8 to 12 and a functional learning intervention for children aged 13 to 16 including analysing core curricular standards, syllabus, and scope and sequences, adapting them for acceleration and arranging learning experiences to achieve agreed to learn outcomes;
- Design and deliver learning and life skills circles for children who have transitioned to schools or Technical and Vocational Education and Training [TVET] institutions to achieve sustained success in the Basic Education Certificate of Education [BECE] and National Proficiency Certificates I and II.
- Provide excellent, effective training, mentoring, and monitoring to a team of Teaching Advisors working with teachers to achieve transformational teaching in rural and urban communities
- Design and develop a teacher proficiencies framework to inform teacher training, mentoring and monitoring, and deliver a teacher appraisal programme aligned to the National Teacher Education Curriculum Framework [NTECF] and National Teachers’ Standards [NTS];
- Design a teacher training programme and plan with an appropriate scope and sequence to strengthen and support High Impact Teaching Strategies [HITS];
- Develop and deliver training modules with specific session plans for an intensive Training of Trainers [TOT] that is engaging, stimulating and scaffolded;
- Collaborate with Teaching Advisors to conduct close tracking of teacher performance and progress.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Provide excellent, effective training, mentoring, and monitoring to a team of Teaching Advisors working with teachers to address learning loss and accelerate learning for children in rural and urban communities;
- Design and deliver learning assessment tools and trackers aligned to national standards, including diagnostic, formative and summative assessments and equivalence assessments
- Design and deliver curriculum and instructional methods and materials [including textbooks and teacher guides] for Comprehensive Basic Education [CBE]
- Design and deliver individualisation techniques and tools to strengthen student-centred instruction in the Implementation of Comprehensive Basic Education [CBE]
- Coach and coordinate with Teaching Advisors to use a combination of evidence-informed, intensive group instruction, supplemental instruction, and surgical individualised interventions to allow advanced learners to accelerate acquisition of content and skills, and to allow additional support for less-advanced learners;
- Convene Teaching Advisors together to reflect on learning assessments, ascertain areas of improvement and plan for further individualised instruction and interventions.
Required Skills or Experience
- This role will be responsible for designing and delivering accelerated learning and school improvement programmes and for achieving outstanding outcomes across these programmes, in partnership with schools and our national and international partners. This includes designing and delivering assessment, curriculum, instructional methods and materials, teacher training and teacher performance appraisal, and also includes close coordination with the Ghana Education Services [GES] throughout.
- The role will lead a team of Teaching Advisors and will report to the Street Child Country Representative for Ghana.
- Strong communication, collaboration and capacity strengthening skills are critical for success in this role.
Before you look at how to apply for the job, take a look at the recommended career resources and guides we have for you below. It is always good to prepare yourself for your dream job. Carefully read the articles and proceed to apply.
How To Apply
We are particularly interested in qualified national candidates, interested in a long-term commitment to this role. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Please refer to the attachment to see the full role description and person specification. To apply for the role please send your CV and a brief covering letter outlining your suitability and motivations for applying to
no later than Monday 11th July 2022 (however applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis). Pre-employment checks will be required as part of our recruitment process in line with our Safeguarding Policy.
Street Child welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.