Jobs In Accra 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Jhpiego is an international, non-profit health organization affiliated with Johns Hopkins University. For 40 years and in over 155 countries, Jhpiego has worked to prevent the needless deaths of women and their families.
Jhpiego works with health experts, governments and community leaders to provide high-quality health care for their people. Jhpiego develops strategies to help countries care for themselves by training competent health care workers, strengthening health systems and improving delivery of care.
Jhpiego designs innovative, effective and low-cost health care solutions to ensure a level of care for women and their families. These practical, evidence-based interventions are breaking down barriers to high-quality health care for the world’s most vulnerable populations.
- Duration: 1 year, renewable
- Location: Accra
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Assist with the provision of communications support to both organizational and project communications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
i. Communications Strategy
- Assist with the update and implementation of Jhpiego Ghana’s communications strategy for and in consultation with the project staff and the Global Communications team.
- Interact and strategize with the Communications team at the Baltimore office to understand the Global Communication strategy and practices.
- Support the development of capacity-building activities for staff to enhance their ability to communicate about project achievements.
ii. Success Stories
- Work with the programme team to develop success stories and to explore opportunities for potential program highlights.
- Interview identified clients, providers, and program managers to develop success stories.
iii. Materials & Report Development
- Provide support to program teams to develop effective communication tools and IEC materials.
- Support program teams to draft, edit and format programme documents, including communication deliverables such as newsletters, brochures, flyers, job aids, ads, promotional videos and slideshows.
- Support proper branding and marking of Jhpiego and program materials and activities as per Jhpiego or program-specific branding and marking guidelines
- Assist with developing and producing documents, reports and presentations according to Jhpiego guidelines for internal program needs and externally for dissemination.
- Support the document literature reviews on MCSP and contribute to program discussions.
iv. Internal Jhpiego Communications
- Assist with the management and support knowledge sharing efforts including staff participation in webinars, seminar series (BBLs) presentations, events, online discussions, mailing lists (internal, and for Jhpiego/Ghana stakeholders) and communities of practice
- Track, assess and respond to internal communication requirements, when required.
- Maintain, develop and regularly showcase Ghana's presence on Jhpiego website, social media, my.Jhpiego, program intranet platforms and other communications tools
- Undertake all other activities as instructed by the supervisors towards furthering organizational objectives.
v. Photos and Video Database
- Compile/collate program-related photographs and videos.
- Catalogue photos and videos and prepare a central repository.
- Ensure that project teams are taking good quality photos and are adhering to Jhpiego's communication policy.
vi. Media Coverage and Stakeholder Engagement
- Ensure that Jhpiego is appropriately and effectively represented at public health events and conferences.
- Ensure that activities and achievements are covered in the local media.
- Support programme team to manage media at project events (i.e. drafting talking points).
- Coordinate and direct regular updates on new technical knowledge, approaches and successes to the Government and to Jhpiego
- Maintain updated project and technical briefs.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Required Skills or Experience
- A good first degree in Communications, Public Health or a related field is essential.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in Communications or Development Communications.
- Previous experience in the health development sector, working on USAID or other donor-funded programs preferred.
- Proven oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Excellent organizational skills, detailed-oriented and a high degree of accuracy required.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe, PageMaker, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Corel graphics are required.
- Strong analytical skills and sound judgement.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of staff, partners and other stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of team.
- Be self-motivated, proactive and have a positive attitude to work requiring minimum supervision.
Before you look at how to apply for the job, take a look at the recommended career resources and guides we have for you below. It is always good to prepare yourself for your dream job. Carefully read the articles and proceed to apply.
How To Apply
Qualified persons are required to send their applications to
Deadline for the submission of applications: June 27, 2022.
Please note that given the likely high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NOTE: All Jhpiego staff members, regardless of their level of responsibilities are expected to:
- Model the Jhpiego mission and values
- Participate in the business development process
- Contribute to the knowledge sharing and transfer process
- Make responsible decisions that result in time and cost containment and clear accountability
- Participate in multiple teams, adopt team spirit, take responsibility for action items assigned and provide feedback as needed
- Multitask, be able to manage competing priorities and be able to prioritize in order to meet program and/or organizational objectives
Jhpiego Corporation is an equal opportunities employer.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.