Jobs In Tamale, Northern Region 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
iDE is an international not-for-profit NGO with a unique business approach to poverty eradication. For 36 years around the world—and 10 years in Ghana — iDE has pioneered innovative market-based approaches to improve access to safe water and sanitation and increase agricultural incomes.
iDE Ghana designs to context sustainable social enterprises in Water, Sanitation, Hygiene and Agriculture. Our unique and collective passion to create new market opportunities is unlocking the potential of local entrepreneurs all over the country. Through innovating affordable products and services for our customers we are making a profound social impact in the communities that we live, love and serve. We currently employ or contract more than 200 people across 41 districts in Ghana.
A social enterprise in WASH is recruiting a Credit and Finance Manager (CFM) to be based in Tamale.
- Team: Water and Sanitation (WASH)
- Job Title: Credit and Finance Manager
- Reports to: Sama Sama Managing Director
- Start Date: 16th July 2022
- Contract End Date: March 2023 (subject to renewal)
- Contract Type: Full Time (Fixed Time)
- Base monthly salary range: GHC 4,000.00 – 5,000.00
- Work location: Tamale with possible day and overnight travels to other business operational areas.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Reporting line relationships:
i. Reports directly to the Sama Sama Managing Director
ii. Work closely with the Sama Sama leadership team, iDE Ghana Finance & Operations team and iDE Ghana Directors
General Job Description
Under the direct supervision of the Sama Sama Managing Director, the Credit & Finance Manager (CFM) produces and delivers meaningful, accurate, actionable, and timely financial analysis to the senior management team. The CFM will act as a conduit between customers, iDE operations, and all teams within iDE Ghana’s WASH team producing social enterprise management reports and establishing effective planning and processes for an in-house financing unit.
The CFM will be responsible for enhanced customer and economic value through synchronized management of income-generating revenues.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities (modifications may be made at any time)
Credit System Management
- Maintain a documented system of social enterprise accounting policies, procedures, and process maps.
- Produce monthly, quarterly, annually, and ad hoc financial management reports regarding trends, variances, profitability, and performance measurement.
- Enhance customer profitability (new data feeds, new products, new methodology).
- Review business bottlenecks and recommend changes to improve the overall level of the business throughput.
- Participate in target costing activities to create products that meet predetermined price goals.
- Build interdepartmental relationships, streamline processes and procedures, and communicate new initiatives.
- Develop an early fraud detection mechanism and fraud prevention controls for implementation to avoid incidents of fraud.
- Liaise with iDE Finance & Operations for continuous engagement on social enterprise financing requirements.
- Forecast cash flow positions, related borrowing needs, and available funds for investment.
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements.
- Assist in determining the company's proper capital structure.
- Work hard to improve systems and processes of company equity and debt financing.
- Manage the preparation of the company's budget, graphing, and reporting.
- Report to Sama Sama management on variances from the established budget, and the reasons for those variances.
- Assist financial modeling in the formulation of its overall strategic direction.
Accounts Receivables & Cash Collections Management
- Establish appropriate payment channels for Sama Sama customers to make payments.
- Manage and report on accounts receivables balances for a specific customer account base.
- Set up robust processes for collections of overdue balances.
- Ensure adherence to payment terms, while limiting bad debt, maximizing sales, and building customer relationships.
- Manage relationships with third-party financiers and external collection agencies.
- Support credit teams to review credit portfolios and approvals for new accounts.
- Review incoming requests to ensure that all required information is received.
- Follow up with the Credit team on obtaining any missing information.
- Obtain and review available credit reports, third-party/bank references, financials, and other relevant information.
- Approve/deny credit terms and limits, assign appropriate risk codes, and/or follow up with management or Risk Group as applicable.
- Any other duties within the scope of work that may be assigned
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Required Skills or Experience
- At least a degree in Finance. MBA in financing is an added advantage.
- At least 4 years progressive work experience in management accounting, planning and non-banking lending.
- Knowledge of product, business strategy, customer relations or business development.
- Strong mentoring, coaching and leadership skills.
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining required performance standards.
- Positive attitude with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills, value-based business decisions, and prioritization.
- Strong relationship management, stakeholder management, and influencing skills.
- Knowledge of WASH and/or small business management is an asset.
- Results-driven and ability to drive forward change independently.
- Strong analytical, numeracy skills and attention to details.
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills to create reports and present them to others.
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, QuickBooks and Net suits.
- Working knowledge and experience in using Salesforce is an added advantage.
- Demonstrates honesty, integrity, and strong work ethic
- Willingness to take on additional areas of responsibility relevant to the role
- A high level of commitment to IDE’s values and objectives
- A highly responsible approach to all tasks
Before you look at how to apply for the job, take a look at the recommended career resources and guides we have for you below. It is always good to prepare yourself for your dream job. Carefully read the articles and proceed to apply.
How To Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should send their applications, CVs with 2 current referees, relevant educational and NSS certificates to
on or before 29th June 2022.
In view of the anticipated volume of applications to be received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next phase of the recruitment process.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply!
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.