Jobs In Accra 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
This position supports the Global Chief Compliance Officer (CCO), who develops and provides oversight of AML/CFT and Sanctions risk management, under-reporting to the General Counsel/Money Laundering Report Officer (MLRO)/Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) Officer leading the Legal, Risk, and Compliance Group for Chipper Cash. The incumbent will functionally report to the US Investigations Director.
Are you someone who wants to keep criminals from abusing people and the financial system? Do you enjoy solving mysteries? Can you maintain objectivity and independence?
We are looking for someone like you who can conduct forensic financial investigations of clients or potential clients presenting possible compliance, reputational and regulatory risks to Chipper Cash. These risks might include money laundering, fraud/identity theft, terrorist financing, and sanctions violations, among others.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Who we are
Chipper Cash was founded in 2018 by Ham Serunjogi and Maijid Moujaled, with the aim to “chip away” at the problem of inaccessible financial services, a high population of underbanked consumers, reliance on cash for daily commerce and the difficulty of cross-border transactions.
Today, Chipper Cash is connecting more than three million people in Africa, one transaction at a time with an easy-to-use mobile app that makes money transfers fast, secure and free. Whether it’s sending money home to support your family, running a cross-border business or paying local expenses, Chipper Cash saves time, saves money, and opens up new opportunities for Africans everywhere.
With plans for rapid expansion, the Chipper Cash mobile app is currently available to consumers and businesses in seven countries, including Ghana, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, Nigeria and South Africa. Headquartered in San Francisco, California with offices across the globe, Chipper Cash delivers fair financial services that make the lives of millions of Africans better in a small way, every day.
Chipper’s mission is to unlock global opportunities and bring Africa together, one transaction at a time. Come join us. For more information, please visit our website: www.chippercash.com
What’s in It for You?
Your role will assist in the process of identifying, detecting, monitoring, and dispositioning cases related to financial crime compliance using the risk-related policies and procedures which are compliant with our global policies, as well as local regulatory requirements. You will work with staff reporting to the CCO, Chief Technology Officer (CTO), Chief Financial Officer (CFO), Chief Operations Officer (COO), Chief Executive Officer (CEO), and approved third-party vendors to promote an appropriate risk-based approach.
Your position will be dynamic as you manage risk in the workflow for Chipper Cash’s Alerts & Monitoring Team. Responsibilities for your role include, but are not limited to:
- You will initiate proactive cases and review alerts generated by the transaction monitoring system concerning customer transactions for unusual or suspicious activity and, when needed, initiate a case investigation referral to escalate your findings to the Tier III investigations for complex cases (e.g. involving international transactions, law enforcement referrals).
- You will review sanctions alerts that are generated by the system to determine if they are true matches or the further dispositioning of the alert in the case management system.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- You will conduct fraud analysis based on alerts generated and determine if further investigation is required by documenting your findings in the case management system.
- You will conduct periodic customer reviews, including those generated by Events and referrals.
- You will conduct information sharing requests required by statute (such as 314(a) ) searches in response to the USA PATRIOT Act.
- You will work independently within the AML policy framework to determine priorities and meet deadlines.
- You must keep abreast of changes in the mobile payments industry, financial crime trends, and regulatory requirements in order to assess the impact and communicate changes to relevant stakeholders.
- You apply subject matter expertise to the prioritization and identification of trends, anomalies and patterns for given case investigations and prepare required reporting for dispositioning, including further escalation per policy.
- Your interactions regarding sensitive customer information matters require you to demonstrate the exercise of sound judgement and high-quality standards in risk analysis.
- You will prepare to report trends and patterns of suspicious activity of the customers who misuse our products and services, so that we may adjust our control mitigation.
- You serve as a mentor to other analysts through sharing knowledge, expertise, and problem-solving discussions.
- You work with management to identify professional development goals and opportunities, including on-the-job training/skills enhancement.
- You must maintain detailed records of all information used within the case management system for the investigation to clear or escalate the alert.
- You will perform any additional duties, as assigned.
- You possess a minimum of 4-8 years of experience in financial services-related role(s), with experience in several financial crimes underlying disciplines (AML/CFT, sanctions, fraud, investigations, transaction monitoring, client due diligence, agent due diligence). Candidates with less financial services experience may be considered if in a relevant discipline.
- You have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree, and if you also have certification(s) from professional bodies relevant to the financial services sector that’s a plus.
- You have demonstrated subject matter expertise (mobile banking/mobile payments/prepaid/ internet payments).
- Knowledge of AML/CFT, sanctions, and fraud laws, rules, regulations, risks, and typologies.
- You gained experience operating effectively across globally dispersed teams.
- You have demonstrated experience to independently manage, organize and prioritize multiple tasks, projects, responsibilities, and competing priorities for yourself and the team.
- You possess excellent written, verbal English communication and analytical skills, with the ability to articulate ideas to a diverse audience.
- It’s a plus if you have experience liaising with regulators and internal audit staff, such as examinations, audit and reviews, document production, and issue responses.
- Be a self-driven, self-starter. We’re a dedicated, hardworking team collectively motivated by our mission and vision.
- Have a global mindset. Even at our small size, we have a team that represents 10+ countries, and our global footprint of customers will continue to grow.
Before you look at how to apply for the job, take a look at the recommended career resources and guides we have for you below. It is always good to prepare yourself for your dream job. Carefully read the articles and proceed to apply.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.