Jobs In Ghana 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Head of legal and Company Secretary
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Company Secretary is accountable for the provision of subject matter legal expertise, guidance and reviews support for all the functional disciplines in Obuasi Head: Legal and Iduapriem mines and its subsidiaries in order to achieve their set targets.
The role holder will also proactively interact with other functions within these two mines and at the group level on all legal matters, in particular, with HR, Commercial, Sustainability & Environment as well as provide clear legal advice and representation of the Business, and all subsidiaries on legal, regulatory and governance matters to manage and minimise AGA’s risk exposure during its life of mine.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Identify, develop and facilitate the implementation of necessary Operational Works to support the redevelopment of the Obuasi Mine & the Ghana Operations as a whole
- Develop the annual budget to achieve the required targets for achieving annual, medium term and LoM plans
- Deliver the approved budget targets within specified timeframes, costs and related KPIs
- Demonstrate Safety Leadership and improve the Culture across the department regarding Safety, Health, and Sustainable Development
- Manage all environmental requirements for the Department and integrate this work into the Department’s budget
- Provide the systems, resources and expertise to the Ghana Business Unit to develop the workforce to capably and consistently deliver the annual budget, LoM plan and strategy according to their role and level of authority
- Nurture and sustain a culture of Accountability and continuous improvement within the Legal Department
- Develop and maintain constructive relationships with Internal Stakeholders (ManCom, Corporate, etc.) and external Stakeholders (Regulatory Agencies and Authorities, Labour Commission, Minerals Commission, Union, Immigration Department and the NPRA, EPA, Chamber of Mines)
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
A qualified lawyer called to the Ghana Bar. An LLB from a recognised University or Institution
- Minimum of ten (10) years experiences of which five (5+) years should be at a senior management level with substantial knowledge and experience in labour law, company law, mining and natural resources law, and environmental law
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Functional Knowledge in Corporate Law, Commercial Law, Mining Laws, Environmental Laws
- Management Development & Training
- Network and working relationship with key external stakeholders within Ghana (regulators, relevant ministries, chamber of mines, etc.)
- Fostering a team environment – Inspiring and Motivating Others, promoting Collaboration and Team work, Developing Others, Communicating prolifically
- Managing oneself – Taking ownership of one’s personal development;
- Building Effective Working Relationships – The ability to build and maintain effective collateral and cross functional working relationship;
- Building Trust & Accountability – Displaying high levels of integrity and honesty;
- Creating Organizational Transformation – Displaying strategic perspective in adapting plans for achieving organizational objectives
- Maximizing Performance Results – Solving problems and analysing issues, driving for results
Before you look at how to apply for the job, take a look at the recommended career resources and guides we have for you below. It is always good to prepare yourself for your dream job. Carefully read the articles and proceed to apply.
How To Apply
This Job Listing Has Expired
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.