Jobs In Accra 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
With funding from EU, Germany, Sweden and France, GIZ together with Expertise France and FIAPP supports the AfCFTA negotiation process through technical support to the relevant AU organs.
The project in support of the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) works in close collaboration with the AfCFTA Secretariat of the African Union (AU).
Scope of the Role
- The trade advisor will be part of the new setup of the technical advisory component of the project towards the AfCFTA Secretariat.
- The advisor will support the content of free trade negotiations in the areas of trade in goods and services, trade facilitation, customs cooperation as well as phase II negotiations for protocols on IPR, Investment, Competition, Digital Trade and Women and Youth in Trade).
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Support the establishment of the new AfCFTA Secretariat through strategic capacity development activities
- Close collaboration with the AfCFTA Secretariat, the GIZ AfCFTA Support Programme (which the advisor is also part of) as well as with RECs
- Support bilateral partners in fostering their role in implementing the AfCFTA through technical advisory services on the member state level
- Manage short-term experts to undertake subject-specific research into areas of concern to Member State representatives participating in technical meetings throughout the key project component topics of trade in services, goods as well as the investment protocol.
- Technical advice and project coordination on various aspects of trade integration, including trade in goods, trade in services, trade facilitation, and stakeholder involvement and possibly also industrialization, value chain and other emerging topics
- Participate in the AfCFTA Team meetings and bilateral exchanges with AfCFTA advisors throughout the various project components and locations
- Work with other GIZ projects and be familiar with GIZ internal procurement processes
Qualification Required & Experience
- Master’s degree in Economics, Law, or equivalent
- Citizenship of one of the AU Member States
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Fluency in other AU official languages is an added advantage.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Demonstrated experience of at least 4-6 years in trade policy
- Solid understanding of regional and continental economic integration issues in Africa
- Experience in development cooperation is an asset
- Experience in working with AU or other regional organisations is an asset
- Flexibility to frequently travel
Before you look at how to apply for the job, take a look at the recommended career resources and guides we have for you below. It is always good to prepare yourself for your dream job. Carefully read the articles and proceed to apply.
How To Apply
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to:
under the Job Code 2022/AfCFTA/09/06. If you do not hear from us four (4) weeks after the deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Closing Date: 1 July, 2022
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion
are encouraged to apply.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.