Jobs In Accra 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
This role is individually accountable for developing and maintaining a strong internal control environment, supporting management to ensure internal controls are in place and operating effectively in accordance with OML Group standards. The incumbent is expected to bring innovative solutions to management to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the control environment.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Work with various functional personnel to ensure that internal controls are adequately designed, monitored, and strengthened to mitigate company risks.
- Develop and maintain internal control documentation and related processes to ensure compliance with control framework.
- Coordinate with internal & external audit and assist in the timely closure of any identified improvement opportunities.
- Recognize the impact of major external or internal changes to the control environment, conduct ongoing reviews, document, and report findings to management with recommendations for improvement.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Participate in cross functional groups to implement or enhance controls based on organizational transformations.
- Bring a systematic and disciplined approach to maintain the control environment.
- Assist with automating controls and testing where appropriate.
- Roll out policies and ensures they are complied with.
- Identify applicable legislation and analyses the impact thereof on the BU and apply this to BU processes and procedures
- Compile monthly reports (standing reports) on issues identified and report on actions taken to rectify the problem.
- Interact with senior management on compliance and legislative developments that may influence the company direction.
- Manage relationships with various stakeholders.
- Business Awareness
- Technical Knowledge
- Initiating Action
- Decision Making
Qualifications And Experience
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Actuarial science, Mathematics/Statistics, Risk Management, or related field.
- 2-3 years’ experience in Audit, Risk, compliance, and /or enterprise risk management function.
- Working Knowledge of Life Insurance business preferred.
- Candidates must be well-versed with the applicable industry regulations.
- Intermediate level Microsoft Office Suite and MS Visio experience.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Internal Control Procedures, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Visio
Before you look at how to apply for the job, take a look at the recommended career resources and guides we have for you below. It is always good to prepare yourself for your dream job. Carefully read the articles and proceed to apply.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.