Jobs In Accra 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
CARE is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to ending poverty. Our mission around the world is to save lives, defeat poverty and achieve social justice. Our Core Values describe who we are, what we do, and how we do it.
CARE Ghana seeks a Public Relations Specialist for the anticipated USAID-funded Ghana Accountability Activity Project. This project aims to strengthen civil society oversight of and feedback on government performance in public service delivery and to support the government, especially at the local level, and public service providers to be more responsive to citizen demand in delivering quality essential services.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The Specialist will manage the dissemination of public information on project initiatives to inform and engage citizens. They will draft, promote and manage project communications to raise awareness of new accountability tools, strengthening feedback mechanisms between local government and communities.
This activity will be a five-year, $17.5M program.
This position is pending donor approval and funding. Ghanaian candidates are encouraged to apply.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinate communications platforms/forums for Community-Based Organizations (CSOs) and local governments.
- Liaise with local governments to facilitate their engagement in citizen-led accountability initiatives.
- Raise awareness of new, citizen-led accountability initiatives. Publicize project activities and outputs through media, create public informational materials to inform and engage the citizenry.
- Collaborate with local partners to develop and implement citizen oversight mechanisms of district-level capital projects.
- Support analysis of data collected from the districts and present results in ways understandable to citizens.
- Build the capacity of Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) to conduct advocacy and monitoring.
- Develop a strategy for citizen engagement and utilization of data to inform community members.
- Oversee public dissemination of scorecard results.
- Promote citizen advocacy campaigns.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Required Skills or Experience
- Master’s degree in communications, political science, sociology, education, or other relevant social science discipline.
- At least seven years of experience in public policy reform and advocacy.
- Experience coordinating public forums that engage community based CSOs and government officials.
- Experience in awareness-raising activities in rural contexts.
- Experience with USAID-funded projects preferred.
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, communication, presentation, and facilitation skills.
- English fluency required.
- Specific understanding of the USAID Democracy, Rights and Governance Strategy, and DRG goals under the Ghana Country Development Cooperation Strategy preferred.
Before you look at how to apply for the job, take a look at the recommended career resources and guides we have for you below. It is always good to prepare yourself for your dream job. Carefully read the articles and proceed to apply.
How To Apply
This Job Listing Has Expired
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.