Jobs In Ghana 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
DevWorks International (DevWorks) is a U.S. based non-profit organization and has been a USAID implementer since 2010. DevWorks brings together a core team of solutions-oriented development professionals with expertise and experience across technical areas and geographies. Our approach is grounded in private sector engagement and improved service delivery while building local capacity through ongoing partnerships and relationships.
We deliver market-based solutions across five areas: agriculture, water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH), youth, governance, and natural resource management. Based on our advisory experience and understanding of socioeconomic and political contexts, we collaborate with knowledge institutions, governments, the private sector, and civil society to provide evidence and arguments to enrich policy debates.
DevWorks guides decision-makers who adopt recommendations resulting from proven interventions and helps translate these recommendations into effective policies, rules, and regulations that support scaling up.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
For more information, please visit: www.devworks.org
DevWorks is currently seeking a Public Relations Specialist for an upcoming 5-year USAID-funded Performance Accountability Activity. The position is contingent upon award.
The Performance Accountability Activity will build on existing Ghanaian strategies, programs and capacities, and leverage related support being provided by USAID and other donors to reinforce ongoing Ghanaian efforts to promote transparent, accountable and inclusive governance over five years. This is essential for achieving higher quality, more responsive public sector service delivery. This Activity focuses on accountability in local public sector service delivery.
The Public Relations (PR) Specialist will support activities to build the capacity of Ghanaian government officials and service providers to improve their ability to use communications and outreach strategies and tools to effectively engage with citizens and promote government accountability and transparency.
The PR Specialist will also work to empower local NGOs, CSOs, and CBOs to communicate effectively and mobilize stakeholders using locally generated performance data in support of reform and development initiatives. In addition, the PR Specialist will contribute to planning, designing, and reporting on program activities related to increasing the effectiveness of communications and advocacy campaigns.
- Lead the development of tools and trainings that improve the capabilities of governments, civil society organizations, service providers, and media organizations to effectively communicate with their target audiences and/or constituencies.
- Support partner organizations, service providers, and consultants in implementing project activities related to communications, advocacy, public education, and outreach.
- Support training for local service providers in effectively engaging citizens, civil society and media and facilitate the establishment of community fora and other platforms where service providers and their customers can engage.
- Contribute to monitoring and reporting on results related to communications, advocacy, and outreach activities.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Required Skills or Experience
- Higher education in communications or a related field.
- At least five (5) years of relevant experience conducting strategic communications activities on the issues of public social and political concerns.
- Experience working with government officials, civil society organizations, and media organizations in developing and implementing effective and innovative communication activities.
- Demonstrated understanding of communicating the key public policy issues including accountability and transparency to different audiences.
- Experience working with and developing communication materials using computer graphic applications such as: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Inkscape, etc.
- Prior experience with USAID-funded or other international organization projects and familiarity with USAID communications policies is an asset.
- Highly motivated, energetic, independent and a self-starter.
- Ability and willingness to travel within Ghana.
- Strong communications skills – both oral and written.
- Fluency in English required.
Before you look at how to apply for the job, take a look at the recommended career resources and guides we have for you below. It is always good to prepare yourself for your dream job. Carefully read the articles and proceed to apply.
How To Apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to
with “Public Relations Specialist – USAID ” Ghana Performance Accountability Activity in the subject line.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.