Jobs In Ghana 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as HSE Officer – Projects.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The purpose of this role is to provide advice, support and oversight compliance in terms of occupational health and safety in the Projects jurisdiction.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Identify and correct unsafe work practices or conditions before accident occur, through regular inspection and fostering the safety attitude among the workforce during visits
- Assist in conducting planned inspection & audits using checklist periodically, aimed at evaluating compliance with standards and checking the state of safety of all equipment
- Assist in ensuring that all the statutory requirements that have a bearing on occupational health and Safety are adhered to
- Participate in all inspections and inquiries by the Mine Inspectors where required.
- Assist in conducting formal risk assessment of the underground activities and ensure that all significant risks identified from the risk assessment as well as all other sources, such as audit reports, are captured and that appropriate corrective actions are planned and implemented
- Assist in conducting investigations into the causes of all accidents, recommending, and enforcing the implementation of remedial measures to prevent recurrence
- Ensure compliance in conducting periodic planned job observations and planned inspections on various categories of the workmen and related underground plant infrastructure to enhance safe work practices
- Assist in conducting periodic on-the-job training for the various categories of underground workers to heighten their safety awareness to ensure they carry out their tasks in a safe manner
- Assist in ensuring that PPE’s supplied to workmen and other working equipment and tools meet the company’s standards and enforce their use where necessary
- Attend, participate and / or facilitate safety meetings including Safety Committee meetings and Toolbox Meetings
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Must have a Degree in Engineering from a recognized institution
- National Examination Board of Occupational Safety and Health NEBOSH General certification will be an advantage
- Must have 5 years working experience with at least 3 years underground mining exposure
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Thorough knowledge of relevant local Health and Safety legislative requirements
- Sound understanding of Safety Management systems
- Sound knowledge and experience of risk management and loss prevention processes
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Sound conflict management skills
- Sound information monitoring and management skills
- Sound planning, organizing and prioritizing skills
Proven safety Consciousness
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Should be Goal Orientated
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrated ability of transparency
- Ability work Under Pressure
- Should be reliable
- Should be able to work well with teams
- Should be fair and firm
- Should be trustworthy and honest
Before you look at how to apply for the job, take a look at the recommended career resources and guides we have for you below. It is always good to prepare yourself for your dream job. Carefully read the articles and proceed to apply.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.