Jobs In Accra 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Plan International is an independent non-profit organization that advances children’s well-being and equality for girls. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crisis and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We employ more than 9,000 people in programme countries, working with over 85,000 communities. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for almost 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Plan International Ghana is looking for a highly qualified, proactive, motivated and resourceful person to fill the position of Administrative Assistant.
- Functional Area Country Office
- Reports to Administrative Coordinator
- Location Country Office Travel required 10%
This position is to ensure that communication between Plan’s internal and external audience is conducted in a smooth manner and provide administrative backup and secretarial support services to facilitate the implementation of program activities in the country office and program unit.
DIMENSIONS OF THE ROLE
Financial measures or statistics relevant to post such as budget; list of direct and indirect reports
- Area of Responsibility – Country Office
- Maybe nominated to serve on Purchasing Committee from time to time
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Receives incoming and makes out-going calls and records them to ensure a free flow of information towards effective implementation of work as well as keep track of calls for review and allocation of cost towards the reduction of telephone bills.
- Keeps, maintains and manages the front desk to receive both internal and external clients as well as enhance the image of the organization without any disruption of work or complaints from the public.
- Receives visitors and directs them appropriately to provide effective client service and always maintains a good working relationship with the public without any negative feedback.
- Ensure that the reception area is never left idle. Always find a suitable replacement when not present at the reception.
- Keep record of incoming and outgoing mails and document to ensure the effective outflow of work without any reports of missing documents or mails.
- Provides logistical support for in-house training, staff meeting and international travel to ensure the successful organization of such events without any adverse complaints about the adequacy of logistic items.
- Assists in the preparation of material receiving report to account for and keep a track of all items ordered for program implementation without any losses incurred by Plan Ghana.
- Responsible for the management of petty cash to ensure the effective disbursement, utilization and account of petty cash without any reports of mismanagement or misappropriation of funds.
- Assists in the receipt and banking of funds received to keep a track of funds for program activities and always ensures the security and safeguarding of funds without any reports of loss of funds.
- Provides back-up support services to the Country Director (CD) in the absence of the incumbent to ensure that the CD’s office is always well resourced without any disruptions of his/her work.
- Always adheres to Plan’s Child Protection Policy to safeguard and protect the child without any reports or incidents of child abuse.
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time to ensure the effective implementation of the Country’s program.
- Follow up, collect and collate monthly over-time work sheets from drivers across Programme Units and submit to Administrative Coordinator per the deadline.
- Liaises and/or assists the Human Resource Department in the coordination, induction and introduction of recruits to the country office to enable a smooth settling in of new starters. (E.g. Sitting position, knowledge of office environs.)
- Purchase of office supplies and maintenance of store room inventory; this includes tracking and notifying the Administrative Coordinator when items are at the established critical levels. Inventory of stock should never go beyond critical levels established.
- Upon notice by the Administrative Coordinator, coordinate the repair and maintenance of office equipment and machinery.
- Any other tasks deemed appropriate and commensurate with the position’s level of responsibility.
- Maintain a register for fixed and low value assets and lead a team to conduct annual verification?
Dealing with Problems:
Complexity of problems handled & the degree of investigation, analysis, & creative thinking required to solve them.
- Understands the importance of fostering and maintaining a good image for the organization and acts in ways to achieve this objective with the public
- Exhibits a good sense of judgment and responsibility in dealing with challenges associated with the provision of client service
- Works with minimum supervision
- Refers all final decision making to a senior manager.Ensure the principles and guidelines on the new Global Policy on Prevention of Sexual Harassment, Exploitation and Abuse is fully embedded and in your area work.
- Ensure all concerned person, Child, member of a community where Plan International works and/or Programme Participant knows how to and feels safe and empowered to report any concerns, allegations or suspicions of Sexual Harassment, Exploitation or Abuse and the report is taking seriously.
- Create and strengthening the capacity of all staff, Associates and visitors to prevent and respond in a timely, effective, safe, comprehensive and confidential manner to all complaints, allegations and incidents on Sexual Harassment, Exploitation and Abuse.
Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility.
This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
- Keeps and maintains a high contact with external clients to foster and build a good working relationship with them on behalf of the organization and present a good image for the organization
- Maintains a high contact with all country office staff to ensure the free flow of information towards the implementation of work
- Maintains medium contact with staff from the program unit offices to offer back-up support services and information regarding administrative related issues
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Level of Contact with Children:
- Low contact: No contact or very low frequency of interaction
- Mid contact: Occasional interaction with children
- High level: Frequent interaction with children]
Required Skills or Experience
Qualification and Experience
- Diploma/HND in Secretary-ship, Management Studies or equivalent
- At least 2 years working experience in a similar position.
- Experience working with an international NGO would be an advantage
- Skills Specific to the post needed to put knowledge into practice.
- Good communication and ICT skills
- Good inter-personal skills
- Good client/customer relations
- Good writing and reporting skills
- Strong team player
- High level of discretion and responsibility
- Good Planning & organizational skills
- Culturally sensitive
- Demonstrated behaviors needed by the post-holder to successfully perform the role:
- Timeliness and proactive in the discharge of duties
- Good planning organizational abilities
- Communicates in a manner that inspires confidence and professionalism
- Good human relations and listening abilities
- Open to feedback and willingness to adopt to new approaches and processes
- Ability to inter-face with all levels of management
- Analytical and pays attention to detail
- Good team player
- Safety and security conscious
Before you look at how to apply for the job, take a look at the recommended career resources and guides we have for you below. It is always good to prepare yourself for your dream job. Carefully read the articles and proceed to apply.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.