Purchasing/Procurement Jobs In Tamale, Northern Region : Procurement and Logistics Specialist - ACDI/vOCAPurchasing/Procurement Jobs In Ghana 2022
Jobs In Tamale, Northern Region 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Since 1963, ACDI/vOCA has empowered people in 145 developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a non profit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society.
The USAID-funded Ghana Market Systems and Resilience Activity (MSR) is a five-year, $35.9M follow-on project to USAID/Ghana ADVANCE II. MSR will leverage over a decade of experience linking smallholders to markets, inputs, and services in Ghana. The project will strengthen commercial relationships between market actors, improve the rural entrepreneurship ecosystem to enable greater market participation, particularly for women and youth, expand the availability of agribusiness services, and link targeted policy initiatives to improved local economic governance.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
These activities will result in competitive, stronger, and more resilient markets, thus increasing inclusive agriculture-led economic growth in northern Ghana.
Pursuant to its mission, ACDI/VOCA is seeking experienced and talented professionals for the Procurement and Logistics Specialist position. The position will be based in Tamale and is responsible for managing and executing procurements associated with the project’s operational activities, as well as handling all logistical coordination matters for the program.
He/she prepares and processes requisitions, purchase orders and contracts for materials, supplies, lease contracts and services. Additionally, they will assist the HR/Operations Manager on ensuring proper management of office property, including vehicles, equipment, and supplies.
- Prepares and processes requisitions, purchase orders and contracts for materials, supplies and services. Ensures they are in conformity with ACDI/VOCA and USAID policy.
- Provides advice and guidance to staff on procurement matters for all office administration-related procurements. Analyzes procurement requirements and selects the most appropriate methods based on interpretation and assessment of established policies, practices, and experience.
- Provides support to the HR/Operations Manager in measuring vendor performance and manages vendors concerns and questions. Develops and maintains an updated vendor list by category of items. Creates and maintains procurement records and ensures accuracy and integrity of data.
- Participates in the bid solicitation process. Assists in developing bid evaluation criteria and guiding staff on processes involved. Analyzes, negotiates, and prepares contractual agreements, ensuring appropriate terms and conditions are included to protect the interests of ACDI/VOCA.
- Assists the HR/Operations Manager to conduct negotiations with project vendors during the contracting stage, including rates, discounts, alternative fee arrangements and leverage spending. Monitors and reviews progress of contractual agreements. Reviews invoices prior to approval for payment, resolving any problems that arise. Performs post contract evaluations. Ensures all regular and ad hoc reports regarding procurement activities are completed in a timely manner.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Maintains a calendar for recurring bills, prepares payments and submits to finance for settlement. These may include security, rent for various premises, telephone and internet subscription bills, office cleaning, stationery, hotel bookings, vehicle service and repairs, etc.
- Conducts proper warehousing and storage of office inventory on the regular basis. Responsible for issuance of equipment and tagging/recording.
- Assists in general records management, including filing of service contracts for vendors and copies of purchase orders.
- Manages project travels in that includes dissemination of logistics information.
- Facilitates meetings and conferences that includes reservation of rooms, transport, organizing for snacks and ensuring conference materials are available.
- Ensures adequate stock of office supplies. Oversees maintenance of office equipment such as photocopiers and scanners and ensure repairs are made in a timely fashion.
Vehicle Fleet Management:
- Oversees the performance of transportation services, ensuring all vehicles are safe and roadworthy and maintenance is done on a timely manner.
- Responsible for supervising and scheduling the drivers. Responsible for checking vehicle log sheets from the drivers.
- Ensures vehicle incidents reports are completed on a timely basis and reported to the relevant senior staff.
- Oversees the cleaning, maintenance, and repair of all facilities including electricity supply, water, and plumbing.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills or Experience
- Degree or Higher Diploma in Purchasing and supply, Business Administration, Finance, or a related field
- Minimum of three years of procurement or logistics-related experience preferably with an International NGO or an international organization providing development assistance.
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience with USAID’s procurement and contracting policies and procedures.
- Strong analytical skills, including ability to gather and analyze a variety of information pertaining to issues and to develop appropriate recommendations for action.
- Ability to communicate effectively with persons on all levels both inside and outside the company on issues that could be complex or sensitive in nature.
- Strong written communication skills, including demonstrated ability to write required documents in a clear, concise, well-organized manner.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Ability to exercise appropriate judgment and tact while protecting confidential information
- Proven ability to effectively use databases, spreadsheets, word processing, and position-specific software.
- Excellent interpersonal skills as necessary to work effectively with persons on all levels both inside and outside the company. Awareness, sensitivity, and understanding of cross-cultural issues-particularly in representing a US-based agency.
- Detail oriented or strong attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication ability in English
Before you look at how to apply for the job, take a look at the recommended career resources and guides we have for you below. It is always good to prepare yourself for your dream job. Carefully read the articles and proceed to apply.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.