Jobs In Accra 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good is achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
- In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- Recruitment assessments - some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
- Manage the delivery of the end-to-end Resourcing process for West Africa (Ghana, Nigeria, Côte d'Ivoire, Sierra Leone, Cameroon & Gambia), covering operational Resourcing support for all employed worker hiring (internal and external), local and cross-border hires and transfers.
- Ensure all Resourcing activity is aligned to and effectively communicates the employer brand.
- The role is focused on Operational Delivery to ensure the achievement of recruitment targets at the right time, quality, and price.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Build and develop strong, sustainable relationships with external stakeholders, promoting the Bank as an employer of choice to drive performance and recruitment of the right person, at the right time, at the right price.
- Manage cross functional / complex Resourcing projects, as required.
- Provide ad hoc support to the Head, Resourcing, Africa as required.
- Responsible for sourcing for West Africa based roles, ensuring direct sourcing channels and the relevant preferred suppliers are used.
- Ensure delivery (at the right quality & cost) of direct sourcing targets for the country, design and deliver sourcing strategies and solutions that meet business needs, generate diverse pools of applicants and control cost bases.
- Develop and lead initiatives to drive more diverse Resourcing pools.
- Identify ways to build the candidate experience as they navigate the Resourcing process in-country, sharing best practice regionally and globally, as appropriate.
- Drive greater cross functional and cross border talent moves.
- Participate in Early Careers recruitment events and activities (e.g. careers fairs), as required.
- Ensure the Group’s selection products and processes are thoroughly embedded across the country, improving effectiveness of selection and minimizing risks.
- Drive culture change to embed greater hiring manager discipline in all aspects of the Resourcing process e.g. ensuring hiring managers are up skilled in short listing and recording interview notes, ensuring prompt provision of feedback etc.
- Support the relevant Resourcing Specialists, where required, in conducting interviews and assessing candidates as part of assessment days for programme roles e.g. Early Careers.
- Working in conjunction with the Head, Resourcing, Africa and Lead, Quality Assurance, AME to ensure all Resourcing control standards are met (Immigration and Background Screening for example).
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead West Africa Resourcing to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Hiring Managers
- Head, Resourcing, Africa
- Cluster & Country Human Resources Heads in West Africa
- Country Human Resource Business Partners
- Country HR Service Delivery team
- Performance, Reward & Benefits team
- International Mobility team
- Resourcing Quality Assurance team
- Resourcing Operations team
- Global Talent Research (GTR) teams
- In-depth recruitment experience in a Financial Services environment (in-house preferred, or search firm/consultancy).
- Experience driving end-to-end Resourcing processes (Identifying Business Needs, Sourcing Candidates, Selecting Candidates, Offer Management, Background Screening, Onboarding, Post-onboarding).
- Track record of building creative attraction strategies to deliver new hires cost-effectively and within budget.
- Experience of working with external and internal recruitment partners collaboratively.
- Experience working in a complex matrix environment, dealing with demanding and fast-paced client groups and successfully building/managing sustainable relationships across a variety of countries/locations.
- Ability to deal assertively with conflict and remain positive when under pressure.
- Able to see the ‘big picture and think conceptually, whilst simultaneously working on the details.
- Good knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems such as Oracle Taleo.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, enabling the role holder to build credibility quickly.
- Strong consultative and negotiation skills.
- Proven delivery capabilities - track record of multi-tasking, prioritising, and setting and achieving deadlines (both short and long term).
- Pragmatic, customer-focused approach.
- Proactive, problem solving approach combined with a willingness to challenge in order to deliver results.
- Flexibility and a preparedness to ‘roll up his/her sleeves’ when necessary to get the job done.
- Knowledge of / exposure to relevant employment legislation (e.g. data protection).
Before you look at how to apply for the job, take a look at the recommended career resources and guides we have for you below. It is always good to prepare yourself for your dream job. Carefully read the articles and proceed to apply.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.