Jobs In Accra 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The International Water Management Institute (IWMI) is looking for a competent, self-motivated and dynamic individual to oversee the accounting, auditing, financial budgeting and reporting functions of its West Africa office in Accra, Ghana.
The incumbent will provide support, leadership and assistance to project leaders and researchers in financial matters. Reporting to the Country Representative - Ghana, the Finance Manager will be responsible for providing financial expertise to assist in meeting the objectives of IWMI’s West Africa office and lead the finance team; act as the main point of contact for the West Africa region, on behalf of the finance team at IWMI Headquarters, on matters related to accounting and reporting; implement financial management processes to ensure effective and efficient management of resources; and prepare annual capital and operational budgets for the West Africa office, and monitor the performance of the budgets.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Qualification Required & Experience
- An advanced degree in a field related to Finance/Accounting (Certified Public Accountant or Chartered Accountant)
- At least 8 years of extensive experience in financial accounting and reporting in a not-for-profit/international organization.
- In-depth knowledge of financial accounting, budgeting and reporting, preferably in a project-based international organization.
- Proven skills in system implementation, preferably with a working knowledge of the SAP Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
- Excellent command of English, both written and spoken.
- Conversant with Microsoft Office and accounting software packages.
- Experience in coordination and management of budgets.
- Outstanding service approach and high level of interpersonal, communication and service management skills in a multidisciplinary and multicultural organization.
- Very good personal organization and priority setting skills.
- Commitment to teamwork and strongly value the sharing of information and continuous improvement in a cooperative atmosphere.
- Well-developed administrative skills and good communication skills.
- Demonstrates effective skills in leading and managing people.
- Focus on high-quality service.
TERMS OF THE APPOINTMENT
- This is a nationally recruited position and only citizens of Ghana are encouraged to apply. IWMI offers a competitive salary and benefits package, inclusive of health insurance, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, and long-term disability coverage. The duration of the contract will initially be for a period of 3 years with the possibility of extension based on performance and availability of funds.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- In the inability to appoint a suitable candidate at the Finance Manager level, IWMI will consider appointing a candidate who will meet the requirements at Senior Finance Officer level.
Before you look at how to apply for the job, take a look at the recommended career resources and guides we have for you below. It is always good to prepare yourself for your dream job. Carefully read the articles and proceed to apply.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.