Jobs In Accra 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
WaterAid’s vision is a world where everyone, everywhere has clean water, decent toilets, and good hygiene. These things should be a normal part of life for every person. They improve people’s health, education, and work prospects. They save lives.
WaterAid Ghana is looking for a Country Director (CD) who will provide leadership to the Country Programme (CP) and contribute to WaterAid's regional and global leadership. The CD will steer the direction of the Senior Management Team and the Country Programme, and influence public and private institutions on the positive impact of safe water, improved sanitation and hygiene on the poorest and most excluded, thus contributing to wider poverty reduction and human development.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Key responsibilities include:
- Strategic Leadership & Management
- External Representation, Advocacy & Influencing
- Fundraising & Donor Relations
- Ability to champion Equity, Rights & Inclusion
- Security, Safeguarding & Risk Management
Required Skills or Experience
To be successful, you’ll need:
- Master’s Degree or professional qualification in a relevant subject area
- Proven experience of leading a Country Programme/Office in an International Development setting
- Senior management experience in an international development organisation
- Experience of working in Ghana and West Africa
- Strategic leadership and management of a multi-disciplinary team of professionals, preferably in water and sanitation sector.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Experience in developing key strategic and operational partnerships with national-level NGOs and government authorities for programme, policy and advocacy interventions.
- Experience raising funds from government and/or international agencies (bilateral/multilateral), managing large budgets with diverse international donor base.
- Leading on engagement with national governments, and bilateral and multilateral agencies on policy influencing.
- Significant experience of community-based water supply, sanitation and hygiene promotion projects
- Good understanding of the linkages between programme and advocacy
Please see more details in the Job Description on our website: https://jobs.wateraid.org/en-GB/search
Before you look at how to apply for the job, take a look at the recommended career resources and guides we have for you below. It is always good to prepare yourself for your dream job. Carefully read the articles and proceed to apply.
How To Apply
Please note that to apply for this role you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in Ghana.
If you are interested in the position and have the right skills and attributes, send your application, consisting of a letter of interest and a CV to
using Application for Country Director, Ghana as the subject of the email.
Closing date: 4th June 2022
WaterAid is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We particularly encourage applications from women who are underrepresented at this level in the organisation.
Only candidates shortlisted for interviewing will be contacted.
No recruitment agencies, please.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.