Jobs In Ghana 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges.
FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. To meet the needs of our rapidly expanding portfolio in Ghana, we seek a qualified candidate for the following position in Ghana.
The Social and Behavior Change (SBC) Technical Officer will coordinate and oversee the quality implementation and M&E of community-level SBC activities to increase uptake of the COVID-19 vaccine.
The role will focus heavily on ensuring strong community engagement to improve the link between SBC activities in line with the available vaccine supply.
SBC strategies will be formulated in coordination with national government efforts to ramp up COVID-19 vaccination efforts, as well as in alignment with relevant national policies, and stakeholder efforts.
The SBC Technical Officer will be responsible for: 1) conducting program preparatory activities, like community mapping, facilitating design workshops with audiences and stakeholders, and contributing to the design of community-level SBC strategies; 2) overseeing the day-to-day implementation and M&E of SBC activities.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
This may include responsibilities like facilitating training, conducting, or supporting community dialogues, integrating SBC tools and approaches into faith, school, and other community-based structures and ensuring overall quality and M&E data collection.
Across both sets of activities, it is expected that the SBC Technical Officer will work closely with local government partners, will seek to align implementation of SBC activities with services, and will coordinate with other FHI 360 COVID-19 and community-based activities to increase synergies and impact.
This project will apply learning and use tools and design activities to address key determinants of vaccine uptake, fill gaps, and reduce vaccine hesitancy. This position will be an 11-month position subject to extension based on the availability of funding.
- Provide technical support to SBC project design, development, and planning for the Covid 19 project.
- Contribute to the development of an SBC strategic plan in line with national risk communication strategies to guide community-level activities and donor-funded research for Covid-19 related work.
- Conduct and support participatory community engagement activities (e.g. mapping, audience consultations, pre-testing tools, focus group discussions (FGDs), etc.).
- Engage partners and stakeholders in the area of operation to stay abreast of evolving issues.
- Monitor and maintain study protocols, surveys, data sets, manuals, and training materials.
- Conduct analysis of project start-up data and implementation data to identify areas for improvement and propose an appropriate design, replanning, and adaptation approaches.
- Ensure project activities and progress towards indicator targets are on track with work plans.
- Oversee data collection in target communities (i.e. baseline/end line surveys, FGDs, etc.).
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Bachelor’s Degree or its International equivalent in Civil Society, Communication and Social Marketing, Economic Development, Education, Gender, Health, Nutrition, Research or related field
- At least 4+ years of experience in SBC projects and/or community engagement and mobilization.
- Experience managing and overseeing M&E data collection and ensuring quality oversight.
- Knowledge and relevant coursework on standard statistical analysis, including measures of central tendency, trend analysis, correlations, probabilities, etc.
- Familiarity with the country's public health sector and working with NGOs and CBOs.
- Subject matter experience and/or expertise in emerging infectious diseases (e.g. COVID-19), or other health areas preferred.
Before you look at how to apply for the job, take a look at the recommended career resources and guides we have for you below. It is always good to prepare yourself for your dream job. Carefully read the articles and proceed to apply.
How To Apply
This Job Listing Has Expired
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.