Jobs In Accra 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
We are now looking for a Support Engineer that will provide technical service and support to our customers. In this role, you will troubleshoot and resolve problems to stabilize and optimize customer networks. You will configure and integrate different nodes and solutions in new and live customer networks.
The Support Engineer typically interacts with customer technical staff, operation managers, service engineers and other groups within the Service Delivery organization. You may also interact with groups in sales, R&D, 3rd party suppliers and local authorities.
As there are no distinct borders between the areas, you will need to be flexible and master more than one area. You are expected to travel internationally and work in different cultural environments. The technical development is rapid and you are responsible for continuously keeping your competence and skills up to date.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Working as a support engineer will require a broad knowledge of telecom and Datacom, covering both hardware, software and network knowledge. You will work, collaborate, and communicate in an international environment, both with colleagues internally as well as customers and suppliers to Ericsson. The role more than often requires you to take on big responsibility and it is important that you can work independently
What You Will Do
- Customer Issue handling via on-call/emergency roster
- Handling of dedicated support
- Software Update Management (SUM) handling
- Remote Service Gateway (RSG) mentoring
- Work with the Customer operations team to resolve node and network-level issues
- Lead critical and emergency situations for fault isolation and timely resolution, on-call 24/7 Support engagement
- Drive Technical meetings and RCA reporting
- Support during new solution deployments.
- Knowledge transfer with operations team for network stability and daily tasks.
- Stay abreast of new technology/technical areas and share information about solutions to enable customer competence to build
You will bring
- Education: Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a related technical discipline
- 5+ years of experience
- Domain experience: Ericsson UDM and MSS primarily, IMS handing and knowledge will be added benefit for the candidate
- Experience from technical job roles is expected in Solution Integration and Customer Support including, Candidate will be assessed according to the following tracks:
- Hands-on experience with Ericsson UDM (HLR-FE, HSS-FE, EIR-FE and CUDB) and MSS Domain nodes (AXE MSC-SBC, CPP M-MGW, APG43 Linux, Blade Cluster and BSP Platform)
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Good understanding of LDAP, Diameter, Mobile Signaling covering C7, HSL, SIP, BICC, SCCP, H.248 etc
- Traffic flows covering CS Fallback and IMS/VoLTE
- Data Transcript handling for Number analysis, Global Title, Routing Case and Parameter handling
- Familiar with AXE Test System Trace handling, MOSTI Trace, Capturing Unit and Wireshark Trace analysis
- Able to troubleshoot for MSC applications and Hardware (APZ, APG and BSP issues)
- APG43 Linux troubleshooting and disaster recovery procedure
- AXE Correction Package loading, APG43 update handling
- Familiar and hands-on experience with IMS Domain Nodes vMTAS, vCSCF, vSBC (BGF functions), CPP MRS and vEME node will be added benefit for this position.
- Cloud and Virtualization knowledge will be beneficial
Why join Ericsson?
At Ericsson, you´ll have an outstanding opportunity. The chance to use your skills and imagination to push the boundaries of what’s possible. To build never seen before solutions to some of the world’s toughest problems. You´ll be challenged, but you won’t be alone. You´ll be joining a team of diverse innovators, all driven to go beyond the status quo to craft what comes next.
What happens once you apply?
Click Here to find all you need to know about what our typical hiring process looks like.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Encouraging a diverse and inclusive organization is core to our values at Ericsson, that’s why we nurture it in everything we do. We truly believe that by collaborating with people with different experiences we drive innovation, which is essential for our future growth. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and realize their full potential as part of our Ericsson team.
Ericsson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, learn more.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.