Jobs In Accra 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Ghana AIDS Commission has a vacancy for the under-listed position and invites applications from persons with the requisite qualifications to apply for consideration: Deputy Director, Administration
- The Deputy Director of Administration is an administration professional who supports the Director of Finance and Administration in contributing to the overall policy and strategic direction for delivering the commission’s mandate.
- This position exercises oversight of general administration, procurement transport and store management, information technology, estate and assets management
- He/She supports the Director of Finance and Administration in the day-to-day administration of the division’s operations
CONTINUE READING BELOW
To provide leadership, technical and administrative direction for the effective and efficient performance of the administrative functions of the commission
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise the collation of data for the formulation of policies
- Oversee the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programmes and activities of the unit
- Ensure the efficient and effective management of the Human, material and financial resources of the unit
- Oversee the development and use of administrative systems of the commission
- Coordinate plans to ensure the availability of resources to support the activities of the commission
- Research best practices in administrative and management systems and develop relevant tools to ensure that the commission’s processes and procedures are consistent with best practices
- Ensure that the unit maintains knowledge of current literature, research, policies and programmes, experience both domestically and internationally in order to recommend appropriate and best practices for HIV policies and programmes
- Upgrade your knowledge and skills constantly by studying current peer-reviewed journals attending scientific conferences, meetings and workshops to keep you up-to-date and in tune with new knowledge and best practices for performance enhancement and quality of GAC’s leadership of the HIV and AIDS response in the country
- Lead the building of a well-motivated team for peak performance by providing effective leadership supportive supervision and mentoring for the Administration Unit
- Coordinate the organisation of meetings, seminars, conferences and workshops
- Oversee the planning, execution and management of all procurement activities
- Ensure the efficient running of transport management systems, fleet maintenance, insurance and accountability
- Oversee the development maintenance and use of functioning ICT infrastructure and systems of the commission
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Oversees the development and use of comprehensive storage, stocks and assets management systems that assure safe storage, inventory, distribution of materials or supplies and accountability
- Ensure the preparation of the budget and work plan of the unit
- Ensure the preparation of annual and other periodic reports of the unit
- Supervise and appraise the performance of immediate subordinate staff
Qualification Required & Experience
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or any other related disciplines from an accredited tertiary institution
- Must be a chartered member of a relevant professional body
- A minimum of 8 years post-bachelors relevant work experience, 4 years of which must be in a Senior Management level
- Must pass a selection interview conducted by the commission in collaboration with the Public Services Commission
- Excellent strategic management skills
- Advance knowledge and extensive experience in Administrative procedures
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Excellent knowledge of labour laws and regulations
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Monitoring and evaluation skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Negotiation lobbying and conflict management skills
- Ability to inspire and motivate
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent knowledge of financial management laws and regulations
- Knowledge of relevant IT applications
How To Apply
Applications together with detailed CVs and copies of certificates are to be submitted to the address below within fourteen days from the date of first publication.
Ghana AIDS Commission
4th Floor, Liberation Tower
Adjacent Ridge Hospital
Closing Date: 20th May 2022
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.