Jobs In Accra 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work for.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry-leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role
- To be accountable for maintaining and controlling maintenance spare parts for the site; also, the day to day operations including stock availability, reserving, and pulling, kitting, and staging spare parts.
- To support the warehouse if required on daily cycle counts, aiding plant personnel in identifying and locating spare parts; and assisting finance to perform audits.
In This Role, You Will
Health, Safety and Environment
- Deliver on prescribed outcomes and/or provide support services by applying Newmont’s health, safety and environment systems, policies and protocols.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Ensure that safety standards are adhered to.
- Contribute to and attend all safety meetings.
- Properly store, segregate and protect materials, parts and supplies.
- Ensure accuracy of parts issued.
- Follow proper procedures when receiving, stocking, issuing and disposing of all spare parts.
- Follow proper procedures for performing inventory counts and audits.
- Provide emergency support for locating and ordering out of stock and/or obsolete critical parts.
Maintenance Work Management in a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Update component tracking in a CMMS.
- Ensure that work orders are completed with appropriate labor, materials and coding in a timely manner.
- Set Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), review performance and take continuous improvement initiatives.
- Support a flexible work schedule that includes overtime, shift changes and emergency call-in.
- Support spare parts ordering and cost saving initiatives.
- Review and support plant shutdown materials/parts management.
- Determine shutdown critical path activities and ensure that all parts are booked out and staged.
- Finalize and commit shutdown parts budget and schedule.
- Facilitate backlog review meetings with key stakeholders as required.
- Assist Maintenance Supervisors to plan and resource work orders, as required.
- Review financial cost transactions and preparing accruals.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Kitting and Staging of Materials or Parts
- Support plant SAP system from a spare parts perspective by kitting required spare parts, reviewing safety stock to ensure sufficient inventory to support preventive maintenance activities, updating changes, and submitting reservations for parts used.
- Assist with the kitting and parts coordination of major focus plant and utility outages as well as long-term maintenance schedules.
- Support spare parts ordering and cost-saving initiatives.
- Obtain work approvals to release parts ordered or reserved, as required.
- Create reservations and requisitions for parts, materials, services and special tools and equipment.
- Update the Bill of Materials (BOM) or Application Parts List (APL) and work packs.
- Organize and facilitate parts availability review meetings with key stakeholders, as required.
- Run and distribute work order parts and material availability reports to relevant stakeholders.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Bachelors’ degree or Higher National Diploma in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Strong knowledge of planning and scheduling.
- Strong knowledge of the work management process.
- Knowledge of maintenance principles and industry standards.
- Sound knowledge of the operation of a Computerized Maintenance Management System (Ellipse / SAP).
- General knowledge of performance measures and their interpretation.
- General knowledge of defect elimination methodologies and their interpretation.
- A minimum of three (3) to four (4) years’ work experience in planning and maintenance systems in a large mining operation or similar heavy industrial site.
- A minimum one (1) year of experience working in a spare parts unit for a gold Mine Maintenance Department, preferably within a highly regulated industry like mining.
- Supervisory experience is highly desirable.
- Underground mining experience is desirable.
- Knowledge and experience with Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) and Root Cause Analysis (RCA) will be an added advantage.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Strong planning, organizing and prioritizing skills.
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Sound communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Sound computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and MS Project.
- Sound information monitoring and management skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks.
- Ability to provide supervision and support staff with clear, detailed, guidance to perform their assigned roles.
- High level of accuracy.
- Detail focused.
- Safety conscious.
- Team player.
- Technically inclined.
- The position is located at the Subika Underground
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.