Jobs In Accra 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Purpose of Job
Develop and deliver a range of protocol activities during events such as training/information seminars, conferences, publicity events, dinners and luncheons in line with protocol policies, strategies and programmes within the AfCFTA Secretariat
- Follow up on the activities of the division, including monitoring and evaluating progress made in line with a predefined strategic plan;
- Suggest new and expand on existing policy areas for planned research;
- Contribute in conducting analysis and generating accurate reports in a timely manner for the respective Unit/Division and AfCFTA Secretariat internal use;
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Assist in setting the overall research direction of a relevant policy area;
- Responsible for the delegation and execution of defined research areas;
- Engage with relevant mid-level stakeholders and develop working relationships. Support the promotion of the activities of the Division including preparing leaflets, guidelines and fact sheets;
- Assist in drafting reports and participate in the preparation of budget and work programmes related to the functioning of the Unit/Division;
- Provide technical support to internal and external stakeholders
- Prepare information guidelines for delegates and participants of AfCFTA Secretariat’s meetings on the modalities of accreditation and seating plans
- Assist in the preparation of the Diplomatic list of State Parties of the AfCFTA Secretariat and keep protocol related documents of historical value and ensure their periodical update
- Ensure the ceremonial items such as Mast flags; desk flags, car pennant and nameplates of Member States are properly procured and correctly used inappropriate places
- Custodian of the Secretariat ceremonial items (Mast flags; desk flags, car pennants, nameplates as well as the gifts etc…)
- Supervise the work of Protocol Assistants reporting to him/her
- Provide protocol assistance to staff and handle in-house and external enquiries
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Undertake Airport duties of welcoming/and seeing-off VIPs and other personalities at the airport, VIP lounge arrangements, etc…
- Maintains working relationships with airline personnel, immigration and customs officers under the guidance of the Manager;
- Coordinate with events management staff for effective progression of the event, briefing them about the standard events protocol;
- Oversees the work of the staff under his/her supervision;
- Oversees the processing of Exit Visas for the departing staff;
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in International Relations, Diplomacy, Political Sciences, Public Administration, Humanities or any other related discipline with 5 years of relevant work experience in areas of Protocol Services,
- A Master’s Degree in Social Sciences, with specialization in International Relations and Diplomacy or in related field with 2 years of relevant work experience in Protocol services
- Supervisory experience is an added advantage
- Oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Planning and organizational skills
- Ability to successfully manage ambiguity
- Ability to work across business units/geographies; cultural sensitivity
- Proficiency in one of the AU official working languages (French, English, Portuguese, Arabic) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage;
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Strategic Insight
- Developing Others
- Change Management
- Managing Risk
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Accountable and Complies with Rules
- Learning Orientation
- Communicating with Influence…
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving
- Job Knowledge and information sharing
- Drive for Results
- Continuous Improvement Focus
Before you look at how to apply for the job, take a look at the recommended career resources and guides we have for you below. It is always good to prepare yourself for your dream job. Carefully read the articles and proceed to apply.
How To Apply
This Job Listing Has Expired
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.