Jobs In Takoradi, Western Region 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Tullow Oil is a well-established, recognised independent oil and gas company focused on Africa and South America. The Group has interests in over 70 exploration and production licences across 15 countries.
Tullow Oil is looking to appoint a Materials Preservation Specialist. The position will be based in Takoradi, Ghana. Materials Preservation and Inspections refer to the process of inspecting and maintaining company-owned material and equipment while stored at company warehouses, storage yard areas, or 3rd Party contractor facilities. Equally, ensuring adequate QA/QC company oversight of the material being stored fabricated or refurbished at the local 3rd party contractors.
The materials inspection and preservation activities vary dependent on item requirements as defined by the Engineering Authority, Equipment Original Manufacturer (EOM), and TGL O&M Technical personnel.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The Materials Preservation & Inspection Lead provides leadership in the development and execution of the materials preservation and quality planning process to ensure that equipment is inspected, cared for, and maintained by manufacturers specifications from the time is received (owned) by TGL until is delivered offshore for installation.
The role acts as an SME within MM Warehouse team in support of the offshore operations & maintenance departments by ensuring O&G equipment spares are correct and fit for their intended service through material quality inspections and asset preservation.
The Successful Candidate Responsibilities include:
- Coordinate and oversee material preservation and quality activities at all in-country locations where assets are in TGL’s care and custody.
- Conduct an oversight to 3rd party in-country vendor location where TGL assets are stored to conduct quality and preservation activity surveillance. Ensures the preservation activities are being conducted at agreed intervals and follow OEM guidelines and procedures.
- Develop and implement materials quality and preservation procedures in support of TGL operated assets.
- Develop and implement preservation routines utilizing the TGL Maximo WMS system.
- Assist in the development and implementation of company quality standards for TGL owned assets and materials.
- Identify TGL owned equipment and materials that are subject to quality control and preservation.
- Ensure that inventory items are received, stored and issued in fit purpose conditions.
- Provide technical oversight and QA/QC for repairs/rebuilds/fabrication of operational equipment being performed in-country at 3rd party vendor locations.
- Assist TGL Project teams with developing systems and procedures to track, inspect, and preserve project materials from arriving in-country ‘till post-project material returns and disposals.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Support and assist with the development of a materials documentation database collected from TGL O&M, OEM suppliers, 3rd party contractors, and Engineers (i.e., certification dossiers, equipment testing, QA/QC docs, etc.).
- Assist TGL Engineering and SCM with establishing 3rd party contracts to deliver materials quality and preservation activities.
- Assist O&M and Engineering functions with the development of materials quality and preservation scope budgets.
- Coordinate with local L&M team to perform necessary equipment and materials movements to enable execution of quality and preservation checks and activities.
- Liaise with Maintenance personnel and Materials Coordination team onshore and offshore, to identify and address any Materials quality issues.
- Oversee and coordinate 3rd party materials quality inspection activity at TGL facilities.
- Ensure adequate inventory availability of spares and consumables to perform preservation activities.
- Assist MM Warehouse team with identification of engineering type inventories, especially those not in current inventory.
- Assist MM Warehouse with the identification of potential inventory disposal candidates within the existing inventory.
- Review TGL spare inventories to ensure storage conditions meet the OEM’s recommendation. Ensure such information is entered and maintained in the Material Master database.
- Capable of fill-in in offshore O&M supervisory roles when required.
- Minimum 10 years of demonstrable hands-on experience in the area of O&G maintenance, engineering, or O&G related inventory preservation.
- Previous work experience with the Maximo WMS system is a must.
- Previous hands-on experience working with repairing, maintaining, and preserving engineered type equipment.
- Previous FPSO experiences are a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of equipment and materials employed in the Oil & Gas / Mining industry.
- Knowledge of materials, warehousing, and inventory operations is a plus.
- English language and numeracy skills are a must.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Technically competent to stand in for key FPSO offshore maintenance roles.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Degree in technical or related disciplines. Can be substituted by 10 years of direct FPSO maintenance experience.
In Tullow, all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully, and everyone has equal access to opportunities and resources to enable them to contribute to Tullow’s overall success.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.