Jobs In Wa 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Amplio Ghana is a non-governmental organization operating in Ghana since 2007 and a country office of Amplio Network-USA (developer of the Amplio Talking Book device) and specialized in delivering social and behaviour change communication (SBCC) interventions through the Amplio Talking Book device and other technology platforms.
Amplio’s mission is to empower the world’s most vulnerable communities through knowledge sharing. We accomplish this mission by amplifying the impact of partners like CARE, UNICEF, World Vision, and government ministries.
With the Amplio Talking Book audio device, our partners can share hours of relevant information in the community’s local language. Low-literate people can listen to messages on demand and record their feedback. A built-in speaker allows families and groups to listen and learn together.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Our technology collects usage data and user feedback, so partners can monitor program engagement, identify issues and trends, and continually update their content for greater impact.
- Reports to: Finance and Administrative Manager (FAM)
- Location: This position is based in Wa, in the Upper West Region of Ghana. Remote work is not possible.
- Compensation: Commensurate with experience
- Condition: Only female candidates will be considered.
About the position
The FAO shall assist the FAM to maintain sound financial accounting and management systems/practices for prudent management of Amplio Ghana funds. You would join a close-knit team that values learning, respect, responsibility, transparency, and partnership.
ADVERTISEMENT CONTINUE READING BELOW
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Carry out the administrative functions of the Wa office including supervision of the cleaner, and oversee logistical arrangement for the smooth operation of the office.
- Manage office supplies including keeping of accurate records and regularly check stock levels to ensure timely replenishment.
- Monitor the utilization of office supplies to ensure there is no wastage.
- Maintain an updated filing system for all Amplio Ghana’s staff and correspondences.
- Communicate schedules for staff team meetings including the Monday morning meetings and compile/file minutes.
- Ensure staff in the Wa office adhere to the reporting and closing schedules for Amplio Ghana staff.
- Facilitate the approval of staff leave and file all approved leave.
- Maintain a logbook for all visitors coming to the Wa office and facilitate their official engagements.
- Participate in Amplio level team meetings.
- Monitor to ensure the office in Wa is kept tidy and clean at all times.
- Ensure staff adhere to COVID-19 safety protocols at all times in the Wa office.
- Perform any other administrative task assigned by supervisor.
- Receive/review all staff funds requests to ensure there are no errors with the calculations and facilitate approvals by FAM and Country Director.
- Prepare error free payment vouchers (PVs) and cheques for all approved fund requests as well as issue signed cheques to staff/vendors and when necessary make bank withdrawals on behalf of management.
- Follow up with staff that have received funds to liquidate in a timely manner/as per the financial manual schedule for liquidations.
- Receive/review all staff liquidated funds to ensure supporting documents/expenditure are complete, accurate as well as consistent with the purpose for which the funds were requested for and facilitate approval of the expensed funds by FAM and Country Director.
- Ensure all approved funds requests/payment vouchers and liquidations are timely filed (both electronically and hard copies).
- Request on monthly basis bank statements for all Amplio Ghana bank accounts and prepare monthly bank reconciliations in QuickBooks.
- Ensure timely (weekly) capture of financial transactions into QuickBooks.
- Prepare monthly BvA reports using the excel template developed by FAM.
- Assist in the preparation of staff salaries and facilitate the payment of salaries including statutory payments (SSNIT, GRA etc.)
- Manage petty cash for the Wa office and regularly check the minimum threshold level to ensure timely replenishment of cash.
- Ensure the safe in the finance office in Wa is well secured to ensure the items and cash are not at risk of theft.
- Perform any other finance/accounting task assigned by the supervisor.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Required Skills or Experience
- Minimum of HND in Accountancy, Finance or business or similar qualifications
- 2-3 years of accounting experience in an NGO setting.
- Thorough and demonstrated knowledge of accounting principles and internal financial controls and procedures.
- Knowledge of MS Office and computerized accounting systems especially QuickBooks is an added advantage.
- Strong communication skills, incredible attention to detail to catch errors and time management skills
- Ability to work in and contribute to team-building environment.
- Ability to communicate in one of the languages of the duty station is an asset.
Before you look at how to apply for the job, take a look at the recommended career resources and guides we have for you below. It is always good to prepare yourself for your dream job. Carefully read the articles and proceed to apply.
How To Apply
This Job Listing Has Expired
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.