Jobs In Ghana 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Ghana Statistical Service is the government agency charged with the responsibility of providing quality, relevant, accurate, and timely statistical information for the purpose of national development. It has offices in all the sixteen (16) regions of the country.
The Service invites applications from qualified Ghanaians who are goal-oriented and results-driven to apply for the under-listed positions within the Service: Accountant
To ensure that the Government of Ghana and Project funds received are applied in accordance with applicable regulations and accounted for properly.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare work plans, budgets, and forecasts.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Maintain a Fixed Assets Register.
- Provide accounting support to all assigned projects.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors and resolve all audit queries.
- Process all transactions on the GIFMIS platform.
Qualification Required & Experience
- At least a Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related discipline from a recognized tertiary institution.
- A member of a recognized professional accounting body CA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA (Part qualified)
- Must have completed a one-year national service
- Must have at least two years’ work experience
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Competencies and Skills
- Use of tailor-made and generic accounting software.
- Presentation and reporting skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Application of the Public Financial Management Act 2016 (Act 921), Internal Audit Agency Act 2003 (Act 658), and other relevant financial laws.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified applicants are to submit their application letters and CVs to the address below:
Human Resource Directorate
Ghana Statistical Service
P. O. Box GP 1098
Closing Date: 18 April, 2022
Qualified women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.